Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Gift Wrapping


As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of my grandchildren has a birthday in January. I purchased some of his gifts before Christmas. So I have already started wrapping them. I have been wrapping them with the same type of paper since he was born. I do the same thing for my granddaughter on her birthday.

As you can see in the picture, I use the Sunday comics. This way of wrapping became a tradition when my children were little. I have always saved the comics every Sunday. The kids don't even look at the paper before they tear into it. But if they do, it's colorful. All I need to do is add the bows and make out the birthday card. 

I can't even imagine how much money this has saved me over the years.  Some day when they get older I will have to put different paper on gifts but for now I am carrying on the family tradition.


When they get older and for other gifts all year, I use the above pictured wrap. It's a huge brown roll that I bought here. I do many things to decorate it including stamps like hearts, butterflies, balloons, etc., punches of stars, hearts, etc. especially when I have a solid colored box to wrap. I have put the kids initials all over it at one time or another for their gifts. If I am wrapping a small appliance, I might decorate it with ribbon and a wooden spoon. The grandchildren have even helped my by coloring on it. Do whatever  you imagine. I have always found this wrapping well received because people realize that you have put time and thought not only into the gift but the wrapping paper also. I do have a lot of Christmas wrap but when it is gone, I will use this paper for that holiday too.

By using this brown paper, I don't have to run out and buy specialty papers every time that we have an occasion to give a gift. Nor do I have to go out and get this paper to wrap a box to ship. It does double duty. It lasts forever and it saves a ton of money instead of buying specialty papers.

1 comment:

  1. I have saved the Sunday comics for years for this same purpose. Such a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete