Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Busy Weekend

It has been a very busy and tiring weekend for us.
Our grandson came to stay overnight about noontime yesterday. We spent the afternoon playing Buggo board games. It was so much fun with him. He is very competitive and for a logic game, he does really well.

After picking up a Chicken McNugget meal for him and chicken sandwiches for us, he and I spent a bit of time watching "The Octonauts".

It was off to bed a little earlier than normal after reading some of the Berenstein Bears. We had to get up very early this morning to drive him to swimming lessons. We just love watching him in the water.

When we got home I made a Blueberry Croissant Breakfast Bake for breakfast. I forgot to take a picture before we ate it, so here are the leftovers.  I had to spread a little frosting on because he asked for some.  Everyone loved it. 


Then I took my grandson bowling since our local bowling alley had $ 1.50 games today. We bowl whenever we can because we both love doing it together. It doesn't matter what our scores are, we just have such a good time. 

When we got home his Dad was here. He asked if he could watch some "Octonauts" again. We said yes. That gave Hubby, my son and I a chance to chat and  for him to tell us all about the party they went to last night.They just left to go home a few minutes ago.

We had a wonderful weekend without spending a fortune on entertainment. We spent under $26. for bowling (2 of us) and McDonald's (3 of us). We don't spend money every time he stays with us. It's a special treat for him that stays within our budget.

I love having him come to stay for a weekend but he really tires me out. So I am off to bed to take a nap.

We will be having a late homemade spaghetti with hot sausage dinner when I get up. 

I hope you all had some wonderful family time this weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment