Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Little of This and a Little Of That

My son and grandson came to visit early this morning after my grandson's swimming lessons. We were excited to see them because they left Christmas night for a week's stay at Disney World and a few days at the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC. They just returned on Wednesday. We are so used to  them eating Sunday breakfast with us that it seemed like forever since we last did so. It was such fun listening to them talk about their vacation.

This morning I made potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes. My grandmother used to make these for me when I was a little girl so that brought back memories. I also served scrambled eggs, maple syrup sausage and juice.

After breakfast, all 4 of us played a Game of War that went so long that we are carrying it over to the next time they come. While my grandson watched a show on Netflix, we had a good chat with our son. They didn't leave until about 2:00PM. These kind of visits show that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a great time.

After doing up the breakfast dishes and remembering that I hadn't written you guys yet, I did some chores so that I could get writing. 

I have thrown a load of wash in the HE and will hang it when it is done. It's all shirts and tops so they will get hung on a rack that I put in my soaking tub. I am able to hang them on hangers on that. I hang most clothing no matter what time of the year it is to reduce my electricity usage.

I have made a list of the things I want at the grocery store this week. We are supposed to get snow for the next 5 days starting this evening so it depends on how much we get as to whether I get there or not. Most of the things that I see which I will incorporate into our meals this week are at Aldi's. They have bananas on sale for $ .29 a week again. The ones we purchased last week have been eaten or frozen for smoothies or for making banana bread.  Avocados are $ .69 each which is a good price for us. They also have fresh pork sirloin roast for $ 1.99 a lb. I am debating on that since I am so short on freezer space but it is a great deal if someone really needs it. Our local grocery store has salsa on sale after coupon for $.75. Hubby was looking for some last night and discovered that we are on our last jar so I may pick up a couple of jars. There is nothing else that I am interested in this week. 

The picture above is a gift that I ordered for myself using a portion of an Amazon gift card that one of my sons gave me for Christmas. I saw it on Hip2Save for $ 9.99 so I used the gift card to get it for free. I am hoping that it works better on calluses than the Pedi- Egg that Hubby purchased a couple of years ago. The people in one of the facebook groups that I follow raved about this one. I will find out when I try to use it tomorrow.

I am tired today but fortunately I made enough chicken and veggie stir fry on rice for dinner last night that there are plenty of leftovers for tonight.

Tonight I will watch something on Netflix while Hubby watches football. I like to multi - task when I watch. So I will be working on putting together a very nice gift basket for a baby shower that I am going to in a couple of weeks.  

At the baby shower there will be a gift raffle. For each box or bag of Pampers Swaddlers diapers that you bring besides your gift for the baby, you get a ticket to enter the gift raffle. They sent three raffle tickets with the invitation. They noted that this is optional. I would like to bring at least one box or bag. But I need help. I have not bought diapers in years. If any of you know where the best place to buy these particular diapers is, please let me know in comments. I have no coupons for them so I need to know where the best place to get them is. Or if anyone sees a deal in the next couple of weeks, I would be very appreciative if you would let me know in the comments.  Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment