Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Little of This and a Little of That

Yesterday after I wrote to all of you, I worked on our Federal Taxes the rest of the day. This is the first time that all of our 1099's and other documents that we needed arrived here so early in the month. I was elated because I love getting the taxes done and over with. It never really seems like we are starting a fresh new year until they are done. Anyhow, they are done and submitted and now I just await our refund.
Today I will do the State Taxes and submit them. Then we can clean out all of the 2015 files and really start with almost clean 2016 files.

When that is done, I will be working for a few hours on fleece no sew blankets for my grandchildren. Pictured above is three of the four kits that I purchased 13 years ago and have not used. They are animal prints on one side and a solid on the other. The grandchildren will love them. I vow to make all of them to gift this year. I am on a use it up binge. 

While I was getting those out this morning, I was also looking for my invitation envelopes that I stockpiled some years ago. We are on our last box of business envelopes. Instead of buying more, I am going to use up all of the boxes of invitation envelopes. I don't know why I have been saving them since we only have a party or dinner party a few times a year. They do fit homemade computer cards also but I have so many cards to use up that I won't get around to making any for quite a while.

I found our stash of photo paper for our photo printer while I was looking for the envelopes. We have so much that we will be printing out great photos for gifting this Christmas.

As I have said over and over gain, we will be using up a lot of things that just hang around the house. Instead of purchasing new things, save your money for your goals and use up everything that is languishing in your nooks and crannies of your home.

I am sure so many of you have crafts that never got completed and many other things that you were going to use but didn't. Well join me in using them up in 2016 and keep your money in your wallet. 

Other than those few things, I will be doing a load of laundry in the HE washer in cold water and hanging it to dry. 

Two days ago I made another crock pot full of bean soup using the ham bone from last weekend. We will be finishing that for dinner. It tastes so good on these brutally cold days. Tonight we are going to play penochle. We haven't played that in a long time.

I hope you all have a great money saving day on your path to financial freedom. 

2 comments:

  1. Count me in on using it up. This is the year to use what we have instead of spending money. I need to take inventory and see what we have on hand, so I know what we have verses what we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a great idea Belinda. I have been doing that as I open a closet or drawer, even looking through storage in the basment. I'll count you in.

      Delete