Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Do You Hate Subscription Services?


I have always hated subscription services. I think it's because there is so much in life that you can't control, so I want to control whatever I can.

To this day, I hate gym membership. The idea of having to pay for a year or two on a contract when I would probably go one or two times, get bored with it, and then never go again really bothers me. I hate magazine subscriptions because they usually renew annually and you have to do something to stop it.

I hate paying for subscription cable TV but Hubby loves it so I would like to keep him happy. We do pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime which we love. They both are a huge benefit for us. We love the free shipping, the movies and TV series,the photo storage and the music. I  love the idea of the cloud photo storage since I have had two PC's hard drives crash within a couple month's period so it is nice that I don't lose pictures.

But other than those things, I pretty much stay away from subscriptions. So hubby was really surprised when I decided to start a new one.

As you can see in the picture above I use Method and Mrs. Meyer products for some cleaning. Other cleaning I make homemade products for. But I use Method Foaming Hand Soap, Method Dish Soap and Method or Mrs. Meyer All Purpose Cleaner in the kitchen. I keep them on a Fiestaware plate right next to my sink where they are easy for me to use. Next to them I keep a mason jar of the few dishwasher tablets I have left. Once the tabs are gone, I will fill the Mason jar with my homemade dishwasher detergent with a tablespoon scoop. 

These products are expensive in my little town and they only carry certain ones and not the whole product line of each brand. I try to use as few chemicals in our home as possible. 


So I just received my first order from E Pantry
today. It is all pictured above. I got the Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap and Hand Soap, the Casabella Cleaning Caddy,the Grove sponges and dish towel, and the Mrs. Meyers Multi Purpose Cleaner for free because it was my first order. It was a deal they were running at the time that I ordered which was about 12 days ago. The Method products were the only items I paid for and shipping was free which was part of the deal. The Method products cost me less than I am used to paying. It was a win win.

Now E Pantry is a subscription service that sends a shipment monthly. But you can cancel any month or all months shipments. You can fill your cart for any month that you want a shipment with what you need. They will put things in the cart that you seem to use but you just edit the cart and remove those and put what you want in it. They will remind you via e-mail  7 days before you next shipment. You can cancel your subscription whenever you want.

I am happy that I can get products that I use cheaply and not have to go out and shop for them. I love the lines that they carry. So I will be sticking with them for the next 6 months to see if I like them or not. It may work out for me and it may not. But I am going to give them a shot. The items were packaged really well and nothing leaked which is a problem that I have had with Amazon.

But normally I would never have started a subscription service. I need to be in control of my life. But this was just too easy to pass up for the right reasons - mostly monetary reasons.

Have any of you used them? Do you like them? Have you had any problems? I would be interested in knowing. Please leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment