Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's Been A Very Long Day For Me But a Fun One

It's been a long day for me. I pulled my back out while making a birthday dinner for my grandson. But I am sitting here with the heating pad blogging for you guys because when I promise to blog every day, I plan to keep that promise even if it is a short blog post. I will go to bed and lay down when I am done.

My grandson will be 6 years old in a couple of days. He has had a great birthday weekend. I gave my son and DIL an 8 person tent for Christmas. They set it up in their living room and my grandson had his friends over last night for dinner, a sleepover, and  breakfast. They slept in the tent last night and finally went to sleep before midnight. Dinner was make your own personal pizza. The boys loved it. Then they did some fishing for prizes with gummy worms. This morning they all had Lucky Charms for  breakfast- my grandsons choice. My son and DIL do not let him have sugar unless he is at my house but if he is given a choice on a special occasion, he will pick the sugary cereal. 

After his friends left, they drove out here to have a birthday dinner. I was happy they could make it since it has been snowing here all day. I cooked a spiral sliced ham, sliced pineapple, sweet potatoes, corn, broccoli, and macaroni and cheese. Actually Hubby made the mac and cheese in the pressure cooker last night. I just heated it. And I made the birthday cake you see pictured. They are all of his favorite foods so he ate well. He loved our gifts. He was given 3 games and the beginning book of two different chapter books. I told him when he is done, I will give him two more. But his favorite gift was the Matchbox Elite Rescue Strike Hawk Chopper which he never put down except to play one game. I would say he had a very nice day.

I was also up at the crack of dawn this morning because I couldn't sleep. So I was at Rite Aid when the doors opened this morning getting the 4 bags of Pamper Swaddlers that were on the deal I saw

here

I have a baby shower to go to that has an optional diaper raffle. Since this was such a great deal, I decided to participate in it. We were asked to get any size except newborn. 

This morning I decided to try the coffee in the upper right hand corner. It was so good. I hope the others are too. This was a free sample from Walmart.

I am off to bed with the heating pad and a cup of coffee. Enjoy your evening. Don't forget to watch Downton Abbey. 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun making our grands happy?
    That tent in the living room sounds like bug fun for young boys.
    I hope your back is doing better soon, my husband has back trouble. He recently ordered a $30 TENS unit from Amazon and he says it helps as much as a chiropractor visit.
    I have been slowed down by a long lasting cold but I am hoping to be back to normal speed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun! Thanks for the good wishes. My back is much better today.We have a Tens unit also since my husband has a bad back.

      I hope your cold is gone and that you are back to normal.

      Delete
  2. I have enjoyed reading all that you have shared throughout your "little space" here. Last evening, while my hubby was watching football, I actually read your whole blog and found it to be very informative. Our stories are very similar, with a few differences, but quite interesting to say the least. My hubby has been retired going on 13 years. I too have been the keeper of our home during the time my hubby was working. I worked at a few little part time positions throughout our married life. We have been married 47 years and our son and "daughter" live just a few blocks from us. We planned ahead as well and my hubby retired at 59 years old. We love his retirement. We love simple living and we love our little cottage that we bought when we were first married. Thank you for sharing your story here. I look forward to your new postings. I pray that you are feeling much better today. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am better today. Thanks.

      I am very glad to hear that you are enjoying your retirement. It is just so wonderful to be able to do what you want, when you want. I wish my children an grandchildren lived closer. They live in two other cities than us. But my one son who is closer makes the trek here every weekend with my grandson. We don't get to see my granddaughter and other son as often but we try to take every opportunity that we can.

      Delete