Friday, January 29, 2016

January 2016 Expense Report


This is a review of every penny we have spent in January. I am doing this early because I have decided not to post on the weekends and we are done spending for the month. Blogging takes a lot of time and energy so I need some down time to play. If there is a category that you don't see, it is Here and it has been updated because I forgot to tell you how we do charitable contributions which was pointed out to me by "anonymous" in an accusatory manner.

Electricity&Gas        $ 162.64        Heating season

Cable TV, Int.&Tel.      129.83        $10. Cr.-Bad Svc.

Netflix                          7.99

Alarm Monitoring          29.85

Household Goods        258.09        Non-Food

Property Taxes          3399.21 

Rest.&Take Out             17.48       OOP-McDonalds

Medical                      571.91       Drs.,Drugs&Ins.

Groceries                   462.12       Food Only

Lottery Tickets             22.00       

Gifts                          191.75       OOP Only

Gasoline                       16.30       Auto

Salon&Barber                82.00      Hubby&I

Total Expenses          $ 5343.17 

It was a spendy month but fortunately our available cash in our checking account was higher this month than normal. So we were able to pay our property taxes without touching our investments. If you back out the taxes, we spent $1951.96 for everything else. Not a bad month.  

We will try harder next month to lower the everyday expenses. However, we were able to save $5,000. this month. And by save, I mean actually add it to our investments and our net worth. So we are on our way to our $50,000. goal. We hope we can keep that total rolling up even without extra cash in the checking account. We'll see!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back posting on Monday.
         

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you were able to save $5,000 this month and add it to your goal . I just love reading your blog as it is very motivating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda,

    Thanks. I hope we can keep it up. It is not going to be easy but anything worthwhile never is.

    ReplyDelete