Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Gifting Doesn't Have To Be Expensive

I have told you that I will be attending a baby shower very soon. This is is for a young woman who lives in my neighborhood. I am pretty sure she doesn't read my blog so it's safe to show you. She and her husband are so excited awaiting the arrival of their little guy. Hubby and I are very happy for them. So please don't pin any of these pictures to Pinterest or Facebook until after Valentine's Day just in case.

Many of the items were purchased on 70-90% clearance. The rest and the basket were purchased from Amazon mostly using reward points. 

I had a lot of fun putting this together. The basket has a nice cover and will be perfect to use for the little guy's laundry. 

My dilemma was how should I wrap it. I have a shrink wrap bag that will fit it perfectly. However I would then have to wrap it and it is an odd shape to do that without it being messy. So while I was at Dollar Tree a a while ago I found this large bag pictured which will be perfect to set the basket into and gather the top and secure with the bow. I am still not sure whether I will shrink wrap it first though. So for now, it remains unwrapped. But that bag is terrific and for just a $1.00.


What this shows you is that gifting does not have to be expensive. Another example is the Valentine's gift that I made my grandchildren. Don't worry, they don't read this blog either. Remember these shown above?  I got them for Free from LL Bean.


Here is my grandson's before I wrapped it for Valentine's Day. It is filled with red candy that I separated out from after Christmas 50% off candy. My granddaughter's is being shipped today so it is already boxed and ready to go.

So save those reward points for gifting and look for free or almost free items that you can use for gifts during the year. I also save any Amazon gift certificates and  rebates that I get to purchase gifts. It's a good use  for those $10. promotional codes that you get from LL Bean. Or the $10. off $10. coupons that  you get from JC Penneys. You could also use your $10. Kohl's Bucks.

Just be creative. There are so many ways to make gifts inexpensive including making them. I can't knit or crochet but I bet many of you do. I can make the no sew fleece blankets for gifts. I have also purchased Holiday socks on clearance after each holiday. When I finally have a pair for each holiday, I then put them in a small basket or reusable container that would also be useful for the recipient. I have also done the same thing with holiday plates and napkins. They are cute gifts.

Over the years, I have done many baskets. Ice cream sundae baskets and breakfast baskets are a few that come to mind.  Pick up your baskets during the year at garage sales or on clearance. I have also given a cutting board, a hunk of cheese and a bottle of wine for hostess gifts. Just use your imagination and there are so many things that you can do inexpensively.

If you have any cute gift ideas that you would like to share with all of us, please let us know about them by leaving a comment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment