Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Our Busy Day

With only three days until company arrives for the Easter weekend, we had a very busy day. Having been ill for 4 days, I got behind on the things I needed to do. So today was a catch up day.

To give my spirit a lift, I picked up two different colors of tulips. They are so gorgeous and remind me that spring is here even though we are supposed to get snow and freezing rain tomorrow. Flowers are one of few splurges that I am willing to pay for.

After I got the flowers, I went to my favorite place to shop, Aldi's. I picked up a few things that we will need while our company is here. Two packages of center cut bacon ($ 3.49 ea.), 5 lb. bag of roasting potatoes ($ 1.49), 2 dozen large eggs ($ 1.35 ea.), 1 package of steamable corn ($ .95), 1 Veggie Straws ($ 1.89), 1 lb. of sour cream($ 1.19), and 1 pkg. of English muffins ($ .99) that are all in the picture. Not pictured is an Easter basket ($  1.69) and a package of Easter Peeps. Those were the last two things I needed for my grandchildren for Easter.

Besides having ham for our Easter dinner, I am making a different potato dish. It's a casserole which is Twice Baked Potato Casserole . It looks so yummy and I think my grandchildren will love it.

After picking up a prescription at the drugstore, I finally headed home. While I was out, Hubby cleaned and polished about 1,000 sq. ft. of hardwood flooring that we have in our home. He does a beautiful job and after living here for 6 years, the floors look brand new.

I spent an hour or so this afternoon cleaning our master bedroom and getting everything together for the Easter egg hunt and the baskets. My menus for three days have been planned and everything for them is in the house. I picked up 4 bottles of liquor and some beer that we needed. I was able to get $ 8.00 in rebates on three of the four bottles of liquor and a $2.00 rebate on a 12 pack of Sam Adams  beer.

We also had a family birthday yesterday. While I was sick, I almost forgot to send her gift. But I managed to get it in the mail so that she got it yesterday. Today, I picked up an Anniversary card for one son and DIL's wedding anniversary which we will celebrate while they are here. I feel old when I think about them being married 19 years. It seems like yesterday that we were married 19 years. Life goes fast so enjoy the ride.

I am beat so I am off to relax. I hope you all have a great evening.  

2 comments:

  1. Did you do your rebates on Ibotta ? They frequently have alcohol rebates and are quite easy to do, just have the app on your device and take pictures of your UPC and receipts.

    I know just what you mean about time going fast. Husband and I are celebrating our 36th anniversary. How can that be? When I barely feel 36 years old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Congratulations on your 36th Anniversary!

      Yes, I do have Ibotta on my phone. Thanks for reminding me. I will take a look for the items I purchased.

      It's great that you feel 36. Some days I feel 18 and other days I feel about 90.

      Delete