Friday, March 4, 2016

Planning For Easter

I know St. Patrick's Day isn't even here yet. But I am planning for Easter. I am very excited that our entire immediate family will be here that weekend. This will be the first time that we have all been together for Easter in years. Instead of celebrating that Sunday, we will be celebrating the day before. As long as we are all together, I don't care which day it is.

We will be doing an Easter egg hunt outside weather permitting. I will fill the eggs with jelly beans and quarters. The jelly beans will be purchased on sale and hopefully with a coupon. I saved all of the eggs from last year so we have plenty.

We will be making the grandchildren's Easter baskets this year using baskets and green grass that I purchased for pennies after Easter last year. They will have a little on sale candy and I will be making chocolate and white chocolate bunnies for them. I have the chocolate wafers in my cupboard and I will be using the mold pictured. I also will be dipping pretzels in chocolate and putting sprinkles on them.  I am trying to cut back on the amount of sugar I give them so the baskets will not be loaded.

Instead, we purchased them gifts- two for each of them. My grandson loves puzzles and games which are pictured on the left. Hopefully my granddaughter will enjoy the other gifts. It's hard to buy for her because she lives so far away and I don't know what she already has. I hope I nailed it.

I am also thinking about what we will have for dinner. Our favorite would be a leg of lamb but I don't think my grandchildren will eat it. So I will be looking for a ham. If none go on sale for Easter at a great price per pound, then I will dig my last large turkey out of the freezer and have that. The sale flyers the next couple of weeks will decide that for me.

Digging through my Easter box of items that I keep in my basement, I found the Easter Egg Kit that I purchased at 90% off last year. I am hoping my granddaughter, son, and DIL will come the day before we celebrate. If so I am going to color eggs with her. If not, my grandson and I will do them the weekend before. He loved doing it last year. Maybe each of them will do some with me. Because of this I will be watching for a sale on eggs. 

The only other thing that would make this celebration even better is if I could find someone who would dress up as a bunny for the kids. I will research to see if that is possible. 

Changing the subject, tonight is pizza and a beer night. We will be having a frozen cheese pizza that I got on sale for about $3.00 after coupon. It beats ordering one in for a lot more cash. I also will make us each a small salad to go with it.

Other than that, I will just be doing some odds and ends today. I probably will wrap the grandchildren's gifts using the Sunday comics. I have another load of wash to do and hang to dry. And my son and grandson will be here for our Sunday breakfast, so I have planned scrambled eggs, bacon and pumpkin bread. So I need to bake my usual 2 loaves of pumpkin bread today. One will go home with them as a surprise for my DIL. She loves it when I send homemade bread. They both work so it is an easy breakfast during the week.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be back with a post on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. What fun plans for Easter! I enjoy playing Sequence. I'm sure your grandson will enjoy it too, especially if you play a few games with him while he's there.
    Your pumpkin bread sounds yummy and is reminding me to start the bread machine.
    I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,

      He loves to play games which is something we do a lot when he visits. I am hoping he loves Sequence and his parents will play with him also. They all love board games.

      Thanks so much for you kindness. I enjoy blogging and sharing. If just one person learns from my journey through life, I am happy.

      Delete