What is a side hustle? It's doing a part time job to make a little extra money. You may have a full time job or be retired and pick up a side hustle.
There are lots of ways to make a little extra money if you have schooling or talent in certain areas. For example, if you are a teacher, you could tutor on the weekends or evenings. If you are good at writing resumes, you could offer that service. I can think of a lot of ideas: dog walking, pet sitting, party planning, organizing someone's home, doing taxes, running errands for the elderly, painting, yard clean up, mowing lawns, babysitting, sewing, handyman, freelance writing, etc.
But a lot of other things come to mind when I think of a side hustle also. You can:
- Join Ebates . Every time you are buying something online, go to that site and look up the company you are buying from, connect to them on Ebates and you will receive a certain percentage of your purchase back. Every quarter, you can receive cash back or an Amazon gift card in that amount.
- Join Pinecone and earn cash or prizes for taking surveys that they send to you.
- Sell clothes on Thred Up or Poshmark .
- Sell your used books on Amazon or Half.com .
- Make money selling your junk on Ebay or Craigslist.
- Sell your homemade craft on Etsy
- Monetize your blog.
- Use a rewards credit card to get cash back or gift cards. Use an airline or hotel rewards cc to get free hotel rooms and air travel. You may have to pay surcharges and fees.
- Earn gift cards by doing searches through Swagbucks or Bing Rewards. I use Bing because it is easy, only takes a few minutes to get the days points, and I can get a few Amazon gift cards a month.
- Buy gently used items or clothing at garage sales or new things at 90% off and resell on Ebay or Craigslist.
- When you purchase an item that has a rebate be sure to send for the rebate before the expiration date.
- If you live in a bottle deposit state, take your bottles and cans back to get your cash. If you don't live in a bottle deposit state, see if you can make money by taking them to a recycling center.
- If you live in a state where you can get gift cards for moving your prescriptions from one store to another, do it.
- Join Walmart's Saving Catcher and have them check for lower prices at other stores. They will refund the difference to you on an e- gift card.
- Write an Ebook and sell it on Amazon.
- Purchase gift cards at a discounted price (from many warehouse clubs or online sites) or buy them at your local grocery store who gives you points for discounted gasoline. Use your rewards credit card to buy those gift cards to keep an even bigger percentage.
- Rent a room in your home using AirBNB .
There are many, many other ways to earn some money as a side hustle. But this is all I am listing for now. I have used many of them over the years and I am working on one that I have never done now. It's exciting. The Ebates and the Bing Rewards links are my referral links. None of the others are.