Friday, April 1, 2016

My April Plans

Since April does not bring many opportunities to stock on rock bottom food items for me, I will be  trying to stay within a $200. grocery budget for the month.

I know that there are cases of canned goods that go on sale in some other states but not here. When I lived in Arizona, we had those sales and I know that Utah does. But I will be checking my sale ads for any item that I think will be a good stock up. I doubt that I will see much. Besides I am pretty well stocked on fruit, canned tomatoes, and vegetables.

There might be some Easter candy and other Easter items left at rock bottom but I am not buying.

I will buy fresh pineapples, asparagus, morel mushrooms and mangoes because they will be at the cheapest prices of the year.

I will look quickly at any freebies for Tax Day and Earth Day that fast food and national chains are doing to see if there is anything worth my time.

Besides those few sale groceries, there will be good prices on paint, wallpaper and other home improvement supplies.  Lowe's has their 5 bags of mulch for $10. sale thru April 4th. I may pick up some bags to fill in our gardens. We have them professionally mulched every two years. This is not one of those years but I may fill a couple of thin spots in.

So because I won't be doing much shopping in April, I will be spending a lot more time at home. I will be washing my windows and cleaning up our property from the winter. I will be doing my normal cooking.

So for the month of April, I will be concentrating my posts on how I save money in the kitchen. I will sprinkle a few others in but mainly they will be how I do things in my kitchen to save money.  Most of our meals will be made from our stockpile in our fridge, freezer and 3 pantries. I will detail what I cook and  what I do each day to save money. Since food is one of the highest expenses we all have, I am hoping that I can show you some ways of doing things that will help your bottom line.  So look for those posts starting on Monday.
 
Staying home more also has it's benefits. I will spend less on gasoline. I won't be doing much shopping so that alone will save money. Perhaps this will let be invest even more money the end of this month.

4 comments:

  1. As we head into this new month we will be staying home more also. Both of our Life insurance policy premiums were due this quarter and we have a major dental bill coming up next week for me. Money will be tight this month to say the least. I will be concentrating on getting my garden in, getting ready for a family yard sale and cleaning out the garage since we have a free Spring Clean Up day here in our town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,

      I feel for you with the dental bills. They are so expensive. I have one in two weeks.

      Our plans sound somewhat similar. Enjoy putting that garden in.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your April posts on saving money in the kitchen.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete