Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Grocery Shopping This Week

Since we have been eating from our stockpile and only stocking on items other than food most of this month, I did my last grocery shop for the month.

It was a quick trip to Aldi's, Save-A-Lot, and Top's.
This is what I purchased:

Aldi's -1- 64 oz.Organic 100% apple juice-$1.99
           1 lb. Appleton Farms uncured bacon-$3.99

Save-A-Lot- 4 peanut butter -$ 1.29 each
                  1- 30 oz. Welch's grape jelly- $1.79
                  1 Lettuce - $ .99

Top's - 1 lb. powdered sugar - $1.00
           1 lb. of brown sugar - $ 1.00
           1 elbow macaroni - Free after dbld 75./1 Q
           1 celery - $1.00
           2 Sour Gold Bears-$.40 each with dbld .30Q
           1 Taco seasoning - Free rebate with S.S.
           2 Zest shower gel- $  1.49 ea. after Q's and  
            for $ .49 with rebate from MobiSave
           1 cucumber $ 1.00
           3 - Pepsi - 3 for $ 5.00

Total OOP was $ 28.89 including tax and bottle deposits. I will get $1.00 back from Saving Star and $ 1.00 back from MobiSave.

Hubby took the last juice off the shelf today. I would have gotten more but this was the last one in the store. My sister and BIL are coming to visit soon and he can't have bacon with nitrates and only drinks Diet Pepsi so I purchased them while they were on sale.

We are on our last jar of peanut butter and it is a staple in my home. My grandson only likes grape jelly on his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  He also loves the sour bears so they will be a special treat for him. I used the last bit of lettuce, celery, and cucumber for salad. I am out of elbow macaroni(We can't go without mac and cheese!) and taco seasoning mix so loved getting them free. The sugars were almost gone. 

I was happy with all of these sale prices and the prices after coupons and rebates. It only took me about 45 minutes and a 5 mile round trip to do these three stores so not bad.

4 comments:

  1. You sure got some deals!

    I have been trying to use what have in my freezer and pantry...it sure shortens the grocery list!
    I think I only have 9 items to get today at the grocery store..one is macaroni...I try to have pasta at least once a week, because my beloved could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

    I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enid,

      We like pasta here too! Thanks for your kindness.

      Delete
  2. Great shopping!
    We don't have a Top's or Save-a-lot, but an Aldi opened an hours drive away, so I may check it out if I am in the area. Do you like shopping at Aldi? Would it be worth it for me to make the drive there even though it is an hour away? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I love Aldi's. Years ago when I lived in eastern NY, I would drive 45 minutes to go to Aldi's once a month. It was well worth it. Now I am lucky to have one 10 minutes away.

      Delete