Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Typical Saturday

Since I was playing this week, here is a bonus today. This is a typical Saturday shown through pictures. I will be adding more as the day goes on.

I like to cut up and wash the fruit that we will be using for meals and snacks for the next few days. When it's ready to eat I am not tempted to eat or purchase expensive unhealthy chips, cheetos, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still have a stash of those for the little ones and for Hubby who loves cheetos and we do occasionally have chips with sandwiches or hamburgers. I just don't make a habit of eating those things.

Breakfast is oatmeal with strawberries and a cup of coffee. 

I changed the water and cut the stems again on my flowers so that I can continue to enjoy them.

I took a plastic container from a food product to my neighbor who asked me to save them for her. They are the perfect size for her homemade rubs. She smokes briskets and other meats all of the time. 

I am on the way back into the house which is Home, Sweet, Home. It has been a dreary day so far today. The sun can't make up it's mind as to whether it wants to come out or not.

Deciding what to thaw for breakfast and dinner tomorrow. They are about to be put in the refrigerator. 

After a mile and half walk, I heated my gumbo for lunch. I worked up an appetite.

While I was outside, I took a picture of our Red Bud tree, bees and all, before the blossoms fall off.  


Then I noticed our Coral Bells are pushing up from the ground and that it is time for Hubby to weed again.  


Time to cut up some peppers and onions to use in recipes this week. We love onions in our eggs. 

Now for some leisure time laying in my gravity chair outside refreshing my memory reading this book again. 

We are eating dinner while waiting to watch the Preakness Race.
I made chicken fajitas with peppers and onions. We prefer them on brown rice rather than tortillas. They are delicious!

Tonight we will watch a little TV or a movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I hope you all have a great evening and Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely time with your sister and BIL! You sound a lot like me. After having family come, I tend to putter around the house and stay in for awhile. I need that after all the excitement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,

      We did! I agree with you. But we are mainly stay at home people anyhow. We enjoy our home and when I am home, I am not spending money.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Your house and garden, redbud and flowers are lovely.
    I need to buy some fresh fruit. I think strawberries and blueberries are on sale this week. We like fajitas too.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! We have berries on sale this week too but I have enough for now.

      Enjoy your day, too!

      Delete