Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Frugal Things We Have Done In The Past Eight Days

These are the frugal things we have done in the past eight days:

- Purchased a $25. Panera Gift Card from Cardpool .
I paid $ 16.25 after a 15% Discount and a $5.00 credit for signing up. This will be a gift later in the year.

- The week before I got sick, I helped a neighbor out with something. I expected nothing in return. However the neighbor gave us a $25. Pizza Hut gift card as a Thank You this past weekend. So I picked up 2 medium pizzas for our dinner last night and tonight. We have an appointment here at 5PM tonight so heating up the pizza will be easy. I still have $9.90 on the gift card. We hadn't had a Pizza Hut pizza in over 18 years. 

- Hubby mowed our lawn and sprayed some weeds.

- I did two loads of laundry (sheets and towels) with the HE washer and dryer. I hung the sheets and used the dryer for the towels.

- Our heat is finally shut off for the winter. We have had a couple of days close to 80 degrees but we have managed to keep the A/C off. I have kept the house at 70 with judicious use of the energy saving shades and ceiling fans. I would like to keep it off until sometime in June.

- I purchased a large package of boneless chicken breasts at Aldi's today for $ 1.49 a lb. That $ 8.37 will give us 6 meals of chicken breasts for the grill.

- We enjoyed a large bottle of Red Cat wine and a nice jar of apricot preserves that my sister and BIL brought us in a beautiful basket which I will re-purpose for storage in our home. The basket also had a few really absorbent bar mop towels, a package of pumpkin spice K cups, and a gorgeous bracelet for me. Thanks Sis!

- I received a $ 4.00 beer rebate in the mail.

- I earned another $ 5.00 Amazon gift certificate from Bing Rewards . This is my referral link and I will earn points if you sign up under me.

- I returned a flat iron that I purchased recently from Sally Beauty which I decided I didn't need for a full refund of $34.55. I had purchased it to control the very front of the sides of my hair. I have natural waves which do what they want. I decided that bobby pins would do the same thing. I will just pin the sides into curls before I go to bed at night. I paid $ 1.39 including tax for the bobby pins. Sometimes the old ways work better for me.

- We have eaten all of the leftovers in our fridge and most of our produce. It is all part of our no waste policy.

- I returned 2 bags of deposit bottles for a refund of 
$ 1.75 at Fast Cash.

- I received a coupon for a Free 12 pack of Diet Coke using my Coke Rewards. I have to feed Hubby's soda habit so I might as well feed it for free. I have noticed that he is alternating his drinks of soda with drinks of water. So there still is hope that he will give it up.

- I have walked every day since last Friday. When I was in my twenties, a friend (Hi JoAnne!), and I would walk a couple of miles every day after the children got on the school bus. I am trying to get back into that habit. I have only made it to a mile and a half though. But I am a few years older now.

- I cut some old towels up into smaller rags for cleaning.

I also made a purchase that will save me money over the long haul. I have been researching this purchase for a couple of years now. When I saw a deal this past Friday, I pounced on it. But more on that in another post.

Have you done anything frugal the past week or so? If so please share it in the comments.        

4 comments:

  1. I signed up under you ar Cardpool. Thank you for sharing that because I had never heard of it before and I will be purchasing discounted cards from them in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie. I hope you enjoy using them as much as I will. They have card discounted up to 35% off.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great frugal week. I'll have to check out cardpool...thanks!

    ReplyDelete