We love Amazon.com and use it for the majority of our purchases. We use it enough all year long that we don't mind paying for Amazon Prime. It pays for itself in the long run.
Here are the reasons why we love Amazon:
- We watch a lot of shows and movies on Amazon Prime. Free entertainment that we don't have to leave our home to see.
- We love the unlimited streaming Prime music.
- We have unlimited photo storage in the Amazon Cloud Drive.
- We get early access to Lightning Deals.
- We get an early release book for Kindle free every month.
- But our very favorite is the Free Two Day Shipping. Yup I know it is not free because I pay $99. plus tax for a year's subscription. However in 2015, we used it for 120 orders. So far in 2016, we have placed 62 orders. Many of those items were heavier than the lightweight ones that I normally ship at UPS which cost me anywhere from $9.95 to $15.00 just to ship 4 hours to the East. So I have saved a fortune just on shipping without even considering all of the other benefits.
- We can share Prime Benefits .
- We only order things that are cheaper on Amazon than other places but they seem to have the best prices on most items.
- It saves us time, gasoline, and wear and tear on our SUV.
- It makes it easy to pick out and ship gifts.
- When we are in dire need of something, we know that we will have it most of the time within two days.
- We can put our wishlist our there for our family to shop off of for gifts.
- We can look at our grandchildren's wishlists for birthdays and Christmas.
- We can easily compare prices on Amazon to store sales.
- If we buy something and there is a price drop on an item sold and shipped by Amazon within 7 days, we just call them and they credit us the difference. I have even done this after seven days has gone by and received the difference.
- We love their TV Low Price Guarantee .
- We can trade in cellphones, tablets, DVD's, CD's, textbooks and video games for Amazon gift cards.
- We love purchasing at Amazon Warehouse or at
the Amazon Outlet .
- We use Camel,Camel, Camel to track price drops on an item that we are thinking about. It also shows the price history of that item.
- We have gotten refunds on items that have arrived broken without having to ship it back. Just call and tell them.
- We love Amazon Coupons . These lower the prices on every day items for us.
- We love the prices on certain Subscribe and Save
items like coffee. They give great discounts on these items.
- If we place an order with a guaranteed delivery date and our order misses that date, we call Amazon and they give us a month extension on our Amazon Prime membership. If you don't have Amazon Prime, you can contact Amazon and ask for a refund of your shipping costs. It is explained here:
Amazon Guaranteed Delivery .
These are the reasons we love Amazon. I want you to know that I am not making any money off of this post nor did Amazon ask me to write it. This is just my $ .02 about how we use Amazon and why we love it that I wanted to share with all of you.
If I have missed anything that you want to share about Amazon, please leave a comment.