Friday, June 10, 2016

Intentional Spending Today

Hubby is feeling quite a bit better today so I went out shopping for about an hour. Thanks to everyone who wished him well in the comments. It was much appreciated.

I spent $39.43 at Top's to buy the above pictured boneless chicken breast at $ 1.59 a lb., 2 English muffins, sandwich buns, 5- 2 liter bottles of Coke on sale for $ .88 each and 2 puzzle books for Hubby which I will list on my monthly spending report as household goods of $ 10.80. The groceries came to $ 28.63. The chicken was a great price for this area, the English muffins were B1G1F and the soda was on sale for $ .88. I couldn't pass up getting some soda at that price for Hubby's guilty treat.

Then a trip about a block down the street to SWM where I picked up a 12 pack of Diet Coke cans, an 8 pack of Nestle Drumsticks, and a loaf of French bread for a total of $ 1.92 which was the bread and tax on all plus the bottle deposits on the cans. I had a Free coupon from My Coke Rewards for the soda. I also had a Free coupon from Nestle for the drumsticks. I had purchased a 4- pack a few weeks ago for my grandson and the cones were soggy. I let Nestle know and they sent me a Free coupon for a 4 pack or larger so I got the 8 pack. Since my grandson is spending the weekend with us, he will be excited about them. Sorry about lack of pictures on the stuff above but I was rushing when I came home to get things put away and make lunch for Hubby and I.


After lunch I went down to our local Niagara Produce. This place is remarkable because not only does it carry produce but it is a fresh meat, fish and deli market, has a greenhouse with all of the flowers and vegetable plants, and carries a few other products also. I would like to get to the point where most of my shopping is done here.

I purchased two containers of raspberries for $.99 each, 1 container of strawberries for $ 1.99, 1 container of blueberries for $ 1.99, 1 cucumber for $ .69, 2 beefsteak tomatoes for $1.33, a cantaloupe for $ 2.99, a fresh pizza for $ 7.99, 2 strip steaks for $ 14.78, a little of over a lb. of ground chuck for $4.13, deli ham for $1.85, and deli turkey breast for $3.75 for a total of $ 44.17.

Right now I need easy between Hubby and my grandson coming for the weekend. I saw a crowd of people around the pizzas. So I asked a few people how good they were. All of them told me they never get pizza anywhere else. They said they are delicious and very reasonably priced. So I decided to get one for our dinner tomorrow night. Both West and Hubby will enjoy it and I will barely have to cook.  Even their meat and deli prices are reasonable.  

While I was out, I paid the water and sewer bill that came yesterday at the town hall. It was for the last three months and was $ 52.67. 

I hope you all have a terrific weekend.   

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better! :) You did really well on your shopping excursion and I hope you enjoy that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your husband feels better each day!
    Great shopping deals! Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete