Monday, June 6, 2016

June 4 & 5 Intentional Spend Challenge



I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a great time with family and it was very enjoyable.

On Saturday we paid two medical bills that came in the mail for a total of $74.44. We opened up the house and turned the A/C off because cooler temperatures are here. Lots of yard work was also done.

On Sunday, my son and grandson came for breakfast. They brought a dozen Tim Horton's donuts and my son refused to accept any money for them. They were a special treat that we only do once every six weeks or so because they are almost pure sugar. BTW, my grandson had so much fun with the Wii racing game that I purchased. 

I also spent $122.28 at the grocery store to buy much needed shrimp, fresh fish and clams, rhubarb,lettuce, celery, strawberries, grapes and some chips and corn chips for Hubby. We had steamed clams again since the clams were on sale. I stocked up on the shrimp and rhubarb. I froze all of it. We love strawberry rhubarb pies. I already had strawberries in the freezer from last June's local crop. So I cut  and froze the rhubarb on a cookie sheet. We will have many pies this summer. I did make a stop at my favorite garage sale also but they had nothing I needed.

This morning I had to deal with a $ 472. medical bill that came in the mail for medical supplies from last October. The bill said I owed it. Fortunately I keep good records and I put my hands right on the same bill for that day that had been paid in full by my two insurance companies. Turns out that Medicare made a recent adjustment so the company just sent me a bill for the entire $ 472. Well the adjustment was for $ .80 that the company that billed me actually owes to my secondary carrier because the original $ 472. bill was overpayed. That is being straightened out and I will get a corrected bill for $ .00 and the company is reimbursing my second insurance company for the $ .80. Why can't companies get intelligent help these days? The bill was in error and if I didn't have my faculties I might have worried about that bill all weekend. So it pays to keep good records and question bills when you know something can't be right.

I am letting you know that we have a very unusual busy, busy week ahead. If for some reason I don't post, please know that I will be back asap. 

I hope you all had an intelligent spending weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend with family. Great record keeping with the insurance, and I'm glad that you won't have to pay that medical bill.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! You have a good week too. Special post tomorrow that I think you will appreciate.

    ReplyDelete