Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Update On Hubby and How Expenses Are Going This Month

I am not going in to visit Hubby until later because he is getting his dialysis which takes 4 hours. So I have some time to chat.

The good news is that Hubby's breathing is better so he has not been on a ventilator for 3 days. His kidneys have jump started and that is a good sign. He had a kidney biopsy yesterday and we are waiting on the results and hoping to find the cause of his renal failure. Now he has to get his strength back. He has been eating and drinking for the past two days and complaining about the food which I find is a good sign. He is joking with the nurses and teasing me. 

They discussed with him this morning going to a rehab facility to get his strength back. I was not there so I will go talk with them when I visit him. I am not in favor of this and since I am his healthcare proxy, they have to convince me that he needs it. If it can be done at home, that is what I prefer.  

I have been holding everything together. Visiting him anywhere from 2 - 8 hours a day. Paying the bills, keeping family informed every day, keeping the house picked up, keeping the laundry caught up(even hanging most of it), doing the investing, watering and trimming our landscaping and the lawn since we didn't have rain for 7 weeks until we finally had 4 hours worth last night. My son mowed the lawn twice already for me and my neighbor is going to do it this week.

My sons have been wonderful but my oldest had to go home on Sunday evening and my youngest is on vacation. I appreciate everything they have done for me. I am on my own and doing very well. Although I am extremely tired. I need a day off but each time I go to tell Hubby that I need  one off, he finds something for me to bring to him in the hospital. He comes first! It's a good 45 minutes plus each way and then the time that I spend with Hubby. So my days meld into one another. 

I don't have time to do an expense report for June. But I can tell you that I am investing $ 4500. today. Expenses like groceries were down but our restaurant meals went up greatly while my sons were here. I had to feed them and with all we were doing, I just didn't have the energy to cook so we were eating out 2-3 meals a day. I also have been spending $9. - $10. a day for parking near the hospital. The next few months will be rough because the medical bills will start pouring in. I am very thankful though that we can afford them. I will just cut back in other areas to pay for the medical and any services that Hubby needs and so that I can still invest some dollars in July.
 
My neighbors have started sending me dinner. I had the best stuffed shells last night and I have enough for dinner tonight. Anything I need they will do for me - food, lawn mowing, rides to the hospital, etc, they have offered. They have been wonderful.  Hubby and I are so lucky to live among caring young people.

This is Hubby's 15th day in the hospital and I can't wait to bring him home. I hope that will be soon.

Bear with me while I am taking care of him and all that needs to be done. I will be back blogging as soon as it is possible.

4 comments:

  1. So glad that your husband is improving! Glad that he is off the vent, and I hope that his kidneys continue to improve so that he won't need dialysis. You have really been under a great deal of stress these past 15 days, but I hope the worst is behind you. Hope you can get some answers. So glad that your sons' have been with you, and I'm glad that you have caring neighbors. Please take care of yourself! Don't worry about blogging; we will be here when you have more time. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I hope things continue to improve for your husband and the doctors figure things out.

    I hope you can squeeze in a little nap here or there. You need to keep your strength up and stay healthy for when he comes home.

    Glad that your neighbors are being supportive. :) I would do the same for you too if I lived near.

    Take care, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear your hubby is doing better. Glad you have people in your lives to help out. What a difference that makes. Praying for continued healing and less stress for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the good wishes, hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete