Friday, June 24, 2016

Update on Hubby

I see that the post on dollar stores that I had written ahead because we were going to be away posted as scheduled. I totally forgot about it. My mind has not been on the blog.

Hubby is now off the ventilator. Except for a raspy throat, he is happy about that.  When I was visiting him today in the ICU, he doesn't even remember what he has gone through the past 11 days. We still don't have a cause for his renal failure and we are all praying and hoping that it is temporary. We are hoping these last batch of tests that his Dr. ordered will tell us the cause.

I can't even remember what day it is most of the time. Fortunately, I am lucky to have two wonderful sons and their families. One or the other has been by my side 90% of the time since Hubby became ill. They have used vacation time to be with both of us. They both live a distance from us; one 4 and 1/2 hours away. The one who lives that far away is on his way here tonight to help this weekend. He just left here on Wednesday night after spending 4 days with me. Then the other son stayed. Having them here is such a blessing because they help me through the bad times and they wanted to visit their Dad even when he was sedated.

The hospital is a distance. It takes me 5 different intrastate highways plus city blocks to get there in a city that I am not familiar with driving. My sons taught me how to get there and back. I had to drive to the hospital for the first time alone today. I made it there with no problem. However, I got lost twice coming home; but I made it home. 

I want all of you to know how much your prayers and good wishes have meant to me. I think they have definitely helped Hubby. Now we have to get him well and strong again. He had his first meal today - applesauce and water. As they start letting him eat more and more, he will get stronger. Hopefully in a few weeks, I can bring him home. 

So I don't know when I will be back posting again. I can just promise you that when we get through this, that I will definitely be writing again.
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving these updates on your hubby, while your world is upside down....
    It is so comforting that your sons can be such a help and are so willing to do so...families help us, as we muddle through our trials.
    I pray that you are able to rest and take time to take care of your needs...you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your hubby is doing better and that your sons have been able to be there to help you both through this. Praying you get some answers here on what caused all of this and that it can be prevented from ever happening again. Continued prayers for healing for your hubby and for provision and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news that your hubby is off the vent! Prayers for healing!
    So glad that your sons have been able to be with you both during this time. I know that was a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending more prayers. Don't forget to take care of yourself and rest and eat. Keeping you both in my thoughts and hope for a quick and lasting recovery. Hope the tests reveal something so you both can more forward to recovery.

    Take care, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of your for your continued prayers for Hubby. He really needs them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for updates on your husband!
    Continuing to send him prayers.
    Take care of yourself!
    Veronika

    ReplyDelete