Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Another Gift

We seem to have a baby epidemic in our neighborhood and elsewhere. In the past year, I have been invited to no less than 5 baby showers. Since I love doing "baby baskets", these are fun for me. 

Knowing that new parents need so many things for their first born, I try to make a nice $200. - $ 250. gift without spending that amount of money out of pocket. Things that are practical for the baby and sometimes a little something for the Mom and Dad - to - be also. 

Since I really don't want to leave Hubby alone while attending a baby shower, I brought the basket I made to my neighbor yesterday. She and her hubby loved it. My favorite part is the Gund Philbin Bear and the basket itself which is beautiful and lined. They can use it for baby's laundry and just wash the liner along with his clothes.

I spent about $ 75. out of pocket on the entire gift. Since the basket alone was $35.+ tax and the book was $14. + tax alone, I think I did pretty good.  The rest was paid for using reward points and rebate cash which I save to pay for gifts like these. 

This basket was loaded with two very nice mix and match outfits, a nice parenting book, a book for baby  to use in the bathtub, a book for Mom and Dad to read to baby, 4 long sleeve onsies, the Gund Bear, 8 pair of infant socks, nice soft burp cloths, 3 bibs, a medicine set, a pacifier, towel wrap, washcloths, hoodie towel,a discounted gift card and more that I can't remember.

So when you get those rebate checks save them up for a goal. They add up fast. Use a rewards card, only if you pay the balance off every month, and use those points for gifts. It's how we live frugally and every little bit helps when it comes to saving money to invest.

4 comments:

  1. That is a very nice baby gift!
    There has been a baby explosion in my family too. My son and DIL went to the hospital last night as her contractions started and I'm up early waiting on news. This will be our 8th grand in 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Thanks. My best wishes to your son and DIL. Let us know.

      Delete
  2. Baby RJ was born yesterday. It was a hard delivery but everyone is fine. We are on our way to see him now. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      So sorry that it was a hard delivery but glad that everyone is fine. Congratulations on being a Grandma again and I send my best wishes to to your entire family. Enjoy seeing RJ today!

      Delete