Friday, August 12, 2016

A Little Of This And A Little Of That

We have been having so much fun with our granddaughter. Even though the weather has been hot and humid, we took her to the Buffalo Zoo on Tuesday and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure on Wednesday. She loves the zoo and asks to go there every time she comes out to visit. We saw the new baby lion cubs which were so cute. They only started putting them on public display last Saturday.

Fortunately, we went for opening each day and there was a slight breeze each day also. Yesterday was just too hot and humid to leave the house so she had a pajama day and spent most of the day writing her book. She is a very creative writer and as of bedtime she had the prologue and almost two chapters done. She insists she will be an author when she grows up and that would not surprise me. Her writings are fascinating. She has quite an imagination.

We also went out to dinner at Applebee's on Wednesday. She loves their pizza and mozzarella sticks. 

Today, we are going to Kohl's to buy her some new clothes for school. Hubby will stay home in case her Mom arrives while we are out. I have found a 30% off and a $ 10. off coupon plus we will earn $10.00 in reward dollars for every $ 50. spend. I will give the Kohl's cash to my DIL to use for more clothes. I usually buy her a couple of new outfits, shoes, and a jacket.

Tomorrow my DIL and I are taking her to see Finding Dory if it is still playing. I hope it is because she really wants to see it.

With all of this going on, I am managing to keep up with all of our laundry and we are eating the majority of our meals at home. I know my DIL will appreciate having all of my granddaughter's clothing clean when they go home. We have let my granddaughter choose most of our dinner meals since I really don't know most of her favorites. It has worked well.

It has been so hot that the A/C runs 24/7 but I am doing whatever I can to conserve energy. So perhaps this month's bill will not be extremely high. 

Thanks for being patient with me this week while I enjoyed my granddaughter. She will be going home on Sunday. So I hope to be back to normal posting on Monday. All of you have a great weekend. Stay cool.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week! Happy memories are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy, happy memories are priceless. Your granddaughter sounds like a dear ❤️

    ReplyDelete