Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Finally My Basement Pantry Has Some Organization Again

I have been working in my basement pantry for the past week and a half. Everyday I would spend a couple of hours working down there. The only area that hasn't been completed is my bookcase. I will start working on that on Thursday. That also is a big job because of the sorting into ones I want to keep, sell, or donate.

It was a big job doing the rest not only because it got out of control but because there was food that we could no longer eat in the stockpiles. Every label had to be read and a decision had to be made whether to keep an item or not. Then the food was either taken by my neighbor or had to be delivered to the food bank.

As you can see there are no more piles on the floor or shelves in disarray.

There are no more piles on my card table or in my chair. The table is now cleared for writing inventory of food items that I actually add to the shelves or to the freezer.

Below are some closeups of the shelves. As you can see we don't have many canned or packaged foods left. 



 





When the little bit of packaged food is gone, there will be no more packages. Everything will be made from scratch. 

While cleaning and organizing, I realized that my Kleenex supply is low and so is my laundry detergent. So even though I purchased 2 laundry detergents yesterday, I am on the lookout for another deal on those and for Kleenex. On a daily basis we use hankies. But when we get a good cold,we use Kleenex.

It really feels good to see what I have accomplished.
Now I can lay my hands on anything I need. 

So tomorrow, I start the books and next week I start organizing the rest of the basement.  

10 comments:

  1. Looks so nice organized and neat. It must feel good to get it all cleaned up.

    Our basement is in need of a good clean out and will happen next month.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful arrangment! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are very few basements in Oklahoma because of our rocky clay soil and floods but you sure make me wish we had the space a basement provides.
    Good job organizing it and for the work I know it takes to stock up on so much stuff at the best prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Thanks. I know what it is like to live with very little storage. We had no basement in the Southwest.

      Delete
  4. Wow, it looks great! Great job organizing everything.
    What do you store in your buckets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks. The buckets hold flour,rice, and black beans.

      Delete
  5. Hi AD, this is Chris. Your basement pantry looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete