Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I Don't Have An Ounce of Energy Left In Me

I was up at 6AM this morning so that I could get an early start on my day. I knew that the heating and a/c company would be coming sometime today. So after making a breakfast of peanut butter and jelly on English muffins and a bowl of fresh fruit. I went down in the basement to start dealing with this mess.

Yes, you are seeing it right! I, who likes to be very organized, has been living with this mess for two months. Just before Hubby took sick, I started going through every nook and cranny in the basement including my pantry. I was bagging some things up so that I could organize things into piles of like things. Other items came out of cabinets to go in the basement because I only wanted one of an item in them.

Once he came home from the hospital, I was taking care of him, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the house, and taking him to many, many appointments.

Then my granddaughter was here for 10 days and we were loving every minute of entertaining and taking care of her. Something had to give so things just got thrown in the basement.

Then last week we had 6 appointments in 4 days. Meanwhile every time I went down to get something out of the freezer, I saw this mess. It was depressing.

So this week except for the company that came to check out our furnace and a/c this morning, we have a free week until Sunday. Hubby is catching up on lots of paperwork and I am organizing the basement.

I have been down there all morning and afternoon until I came up to write you at 2:30PM. Don't pay any attention to the time on my blog post because that is pacific time and we are eastern time. I've tried to change it but blogger doesn't seem to allow it.

Above is just one of the pictures I took so you can get an idea of what I am dealing with this week. It is going to take many days to get it organized.  I will post pictures when I am done.


I did have Hubby put dinner in the crockpot about 1PM. It is the lemon awesome chicken thighs that I linked yesterday. It is all set except to make the gravy with the last few ingredients and make the rice or pasta. The kitchen smells heavenly.

This is a cheap meal because I bought a family size pack of boneless chicken thighs at Aldi's last week for $ 1.29 a lb.  There were 9 thighs so I had Hubby add 1 and 1/2 times the other ingredients in the recipe. This will last us two nights and then I will freeze the rest for a couple more meals.

I am so tired from working in the basement that I have quit for the day and after I do this post, I am going to relax and watch soccer with Hubby. 

Do any of you ever end up with a mess like this or am I the only one?  

  

4 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to get some rest!
    I think your shelves look pretty organized. Looks like you have a good stockpile of cleaners and shampoos and such.
    I have been trying to organize a cabinet or closet each day. It is a mess when I get everything out, but it looks better once it is done.
    Your chicken looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    Thanks. I am glad that I am not the only one to have messes sometimes. The chicken was so tender and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you give us an after picture of the organized shelves in the basement. You inspire me with each post you do...Keep on being frugal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mamaneanof4,

      I will post pictures when I am done. It takes me many days. Only a few years ago I could wing through that in a few hours. Now I tire too easily to do that. So I have to work at it a little at a time until it is done.

      I will always be frugal!

      Delete