Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Six Frugal Things

1. The eyeglass lens cleaner bottle was empty again. So I made a bottle of homemade. Just fill the bottle with 1 part rubbing alcohol and 1 part water. Works great so I haven't paid for store bought in years. I just keep reusing my last store bought bottle over and over again.

2. I totally ignored the grocery and drugstore sale ads this week. When the newspaper came on Sunday, I threw them in the recycle bin. I am trying to get out of the habit of going to the store every week when I have so much food here at home.

3. Hubby is keeping the 13 new perennials that the landscape company planted watered. We don't want to waste our investment. One is pictured above. 

4. I had a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee in my freezer. We use a Keurig K-cup machine. So I decided to use our reusable K-cup this morning and make our coffee with the Dunkin Donuts. We will do this until the bag is gone. Waste not;want not.

5. I had a bag of spinach that was getting a little old. So I am soaking it in ice water and will cook it to go with our lunch today.

6. I brought my library books back this morning and got two more. I love the library.

Being frugal isn't about complicated things. It is about the day in and day out things that you do that save a little money. Frugality is so engrained in my psyche that I don't really think about it anymore unless I am blogging. I have been practicing it for almost 50 years. 

Sure it is easier to save on the more expensive things in life like medical, insurances, vacations, etc. However there are only so many big things to save on. There are millions of little things and they add up over time to serious dollars. Those dollars invested add up to a million or more over time. So the frugal things that we do every day help us reach our goals. Never think that they don't matter because that is how Hubby and I got to where we are today. Keep your eye on your goals and your spending and you can get there too. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the eyeglass cleaner tip! I'll try it when my store bought bottle is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I hope you like it as much I do.

      Delete