Monday, August 22, 2016

This Week's Menu Plan

This is the first week in a couple of months that Hubby isn't hospitalized or that we don't have doctor or dentist appointments the majority of the week. 

So I have decided to stick to a weekly menu plan from now on. Since we are trying to lower our grocery bills, we will be making our meals mostly from our stockpile. I also had to keep in mind my energy challenge for the month.

Here is our plan for this week:

Sunday -Cheeseburgers and corn on the cob(both cooked on the outside propane grill) and mixed fresh fruit(leftover from the watermelon bowl I took to the party on Saturday)

Monday - Grilled haddock ( grilled on the outside grill), tossed salad and mixed fruit

Tuesday - Lemon Awesome Chicken Thighs on rice(in the slow cooker), broccoli(steamed in the microwave)

Wednesday - Leftovers( reheated in the microwave) from Tuesday

Thursday -Cold Pasta Salad(pasta cooked in the microwave) that includes tomatoes, black olives, cheese, etc.

Friday - Pizza(grilled outside), tossed salad

Saturday - Air Fryer Boneless Chicken, homemade French Fries( done in the air fryer also), tomatoes and cucumbers

We eat our corn on the cob without salt and everything is homemade to avoid salt. Any recipe that calls for salt we just leave it out. We are both avoiding fried foods and that is why we purchased an air fryer. We love it. 

I am off to put a load of washed towels in the HE dryer. Then I have a major project that I am starting today. It is something that has been put off due to Hubby's hospitalization, many doctor appointments, and having my granddaughter here for 10 days. I just can't put it off any longer. It has become a horrible mess. Yes, I will take pictures of the before and after. 

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me if you menu plan and why. 
    

2 comments:

  1. Your meals sound delicious!
    I'm going to have to look into an air fryer. Is the food really good cooked in one?
    I menu plan by looking at the sale paper where I find out the loss leaders and plan the weeks meals around them. I want to stock up better though, esp for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I am cooking the Lemon Awesome Chicken Thighs as I write this. The kitchen smells scrumptious.

      The food is delicious cooked in one. It comes out crispy. I am so glad that I don't have to use my oil fryer anymore.

      That is terrific planning.

      Delete