Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Little Of This And A Little Of That

How was your holiday weekend? Great, I hope. We had a very quiet one. But we also got a surprise. My son and his family went camping for the weekend so we didn't think we would see them for our usual weekend morning breakfast. However, they came home early on Sunday night. Monday morning, I got a text that delighted me saying they were on their way. 
Panic set in(not really) because I had to quickly decide what to make for breakfast. My son and his family live an hour and 15 minutes from us and they are usually hungry when they get here. But rather than feed them cereal for breakfast or go out to eat, I popped a cheese, ham and egg quiche in the oven, cut up the last third of a homemade coffee cake, and put some grapes on the table. They loved it. And we were very happy to spend most of the day with them.

This morning I was up at 4:30AM. While enjoying my morning coffee, I decided to scan the grocery flyers for the week and make a list. Since it is 6% discount senior citizen's day at my Top's, I ventured out early to avoid the crowd but I didn't avoid the school buses. All the kids in the neighborhood went back today along with about 12 teachers who live in here. My grandson took a school bus for the first time today to go to first grade at his new school. His kindergarten was at the daycare last year. My granddaughter starts fourth grade tomorrow. They are both excited to go. I can't believe how old they are getting or is it how old I am getting. Time flies!

My Tops shop is pictured at the top of my post. After coupons and my 6% off discount, I paid $ 29.54. The top round roasts were on sale for $ 2.99 a lb. Three will get us through the winter because we do not eat a lot of beef. The cottage cheese was on B1G1F. I love cottage cheese with fresh tomatoes for lunch. The peanut butter is a necessity in our home and they were on sale plus I had $ .55/1 Q's that doubled making each jar just $ 1.39. The Carefree was free after coupon and the lemon juice was a necessity because my bottle was empty. We use lemon juice in our homemade iced tea.

Then I went to Aldi's for celery which was $ 1.69. Last stop was Super Walmart for English muffins, onions, Shout and Triscuits. The only coupons were $ .50/1 on the Shout and $1./3 for the triscuits. My total at SW was $ 11.36. 

All of my shopping is done for the week and I only spent $42.59. 

I am going to spend the rest of my day catching up on some paperwork, filing coupons, and relaxing. I hope you are having a very enjoyable Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment