Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Back to Basics: Grocery Shopping for Food

To show you what I purchased yesterday on my biggest shopping trip of the week and to keep myself accountable, here it is.

First stop was Aldi's to get a couple of things and check prices on the ones on my Top's list. I got two 3lb. bags of Gala apples at $1.49 a bag($.50 a lb.), 4.37 lbs. of bananas at $.44 a lb. total of $1.92 , 1 dozen eggs for $.79, 1 jar of sweet relish at $1.29, 1 Fit and Active SF Raspberry Preserves for $1.99, and a Berry Hill Grape Jelly for $1.49. Total was $10.46.

Then I went to Top's where I purchased 2 pkgs. of turkey bacon at $ 1.40 each after coupons, 5.07 lbs. of chicken thighs at $.88 a lb., 2 Pennsylvania Dutch wide noodles(B1G1F) at $3.19 for both, 1 small Tropicana OJ ($1.00) for making cranberry orange muffins, 1 Bonnie Maman raspberry preserves for $.99 after coupon, and 3 Gillette Series Shave gel and 2 Satin Care shave gel. I don't normally buy these but I was out of conditioner that I use to shave my legs with. Here was the deal: Sale of $ 2.49 each  and I had one $2.00 off coupon and 4 $.50/1 coupons that doubled plus I saved $5.00 off instantly for buying 5 of these products(deal this week). So they ended up costing me $1.45 for all of them or $ .29 each. My total was  $14.89 including a $1.00 in tax. 

So my total for both stores was $25.35. Not a bad haul!

While was out, I returned $3.15 in bottles. That money will be added to my Christmas gift money.

6 comments:

  1. I crown you "Super Shopper" with the deal you got on the shaving cream/gel! :) The price on the apples was also amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    It's good to hear from you my friend.Thanksfor the crown. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked at how much shave gel is going for these days at regular price when I needed some a few weeks back. $5...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy. That's why I usually use conditioner when I find it on sale. However this deal was too good to pass up.

      Delete
  4. Greal deals! Love the price on apples and shaving cream deal.
    I wish we had an Aldi or Tops store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks. Tops is really not a terrific store but I can find some good deals there once in a while. Aldi's is terrific. Hoping you get one soon.

      Delete