- I made three loaves of homemade pumpkin bread. One for my neighbors who are expecting their first baby in 3 weeks, one to eat, and one to freeze.
- I made two coffee cakes for both of us also.
- I have planned out freezer cooking sessions for a few days next week. It is mostly for my neighbors who are expecting a baby but I will make some for us too. They are big chicken eaters so I planned lots of chicken meals. Chicken breasts are on sale tomorrow at Aldi's for $ 1.49 a lb so I will be getting everything I need there.
- Last Saturday I made two loaves of white herb bread in my bread maker.
- Last Sunday, my son and grandson were here for breakfast and until dinner so we could all watch the Buffalo Bills game together. My son brought breakfast. I made snacks for the game including wings and blue cheese dip, veggies and dill dip, and mini pizzas for the little guy. It was a frugal and fun day.
- I washed 4 loads of wash in the HE washer and hung them to dry.
- I paid my water and sewer bill while I was grocery shopping which saved me a stamp.
- We have been doing everything possible to lower our electric and gas bills.
- I filled the SUV up with gasoline and got $ .60 off a gallon.
- We were able to turn our A/C off for about 5 days total but it is back on again. Hopefully we can turn it off again tomorrow.
- I washed the outside of the SUV and cleaned the inside rather than go to the car wash. I saved $ 40.
- We have had some rain during those 10 days so we have not had to water as often as we usually do. Thank heavens because the water bill I just paid was almost $ 272. for three months.
- I mended a pair of old shorts so that I can get enough time out of them until I buy a smaller size next summer.
- We have an 80th Birthday Party to go to and I am trying to come up with a dressy outfit to wear so that I don't have to buy anything new. I am buying a gift card for this person using reward points. Does anyone know where I can buy an 80th Birthday Card?
That is about all for frugality. There has been a lot of Fall cleaning of the entire house going on here. I also have to wash all of my Fall and Winter clothing and get the summer things packed up to store.
What have you done frugally the past few days?