Thursday, September 22, 2016

Going Back To Basics

As I was eating my cranberry raisin bran this morning, I felt something hard in the raisin bran. I realized that it was the tooth patch on my crown that was just done two days ago. So off to the dentist I went. He put another patch on but did something different this time. He is hoping that it will hold. If not then there is nothing that can be done except to put on a new crown. The mold will be touchy because of the piece that my bridge has that goes over the crown to hold my bridge. But he says he can do it. 

The crown will cost me $1482. I have no idea if he will credit me for the $ 394. for the patch or just give me a partial credit. So I am hoping this patch holds.

Anyhow between this and the fact that I may need the crown, I am going back to basics around here. If you look at our last few expense reports, you will see that we are just hemorrhaging money. I feel like a fish out of water.  It can't continue if we want to reach our goals. So cuts have to be made everywhere. I just do not want to continue down this path that has been so very expensive the past few months.

I have seen so many people who are drowning in debt but refuse to make those cuts. Perhaps this will help them also.

So every day I will be posting about where I will make those cuts. One category a day will be discussed with you. If you have any suggestions on each post, please comment. It will help me and others.  

A number of months ago, I had a reader ask what she should do since her husband had lost her job. I told her at the time that she should cut every expense that she could but I didn't go into any real detail. I will try to bring that detail to my posts.

By doing this I will help myself and hold myself accountable also. And I will hopefully help those of you who need to go back to basics too.

I am off to get my ideas outlined so that I can cut our budget and post them starting tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. I'll be following along. Even without big dental bills or job loss, life just seems to get more expensive every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,

    We must think alike. Hubby and I just had this conversation last night. Please feel free to share your knowledge with us by leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the toot. Do hope that the new patch holds up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't type when I have a headache. I meant to say, sorry about the tooth. :D

      Delete