Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Starting My Freezer Cooking For My Neighbor

I had planned on starting the freezer cooking for my neighbor next week. Today I purchased three large packages of boneless chicken breasts at Aldi's for $1.49 a lb. So I started when I got home.

The first dish I made is Chicken with Rice Pilaf . I used an herb and garlic pilaf so that is why it looks a little green. I made one pan for her and one for us. I had large breasts so depending on how much they eat, it could serve up to 10 people. I figured since this is the first grandchild on one side of the family, they will be having company in the early days so this would be easy to pull out, thaw and cook. I sealed it up with foil and both pans are freezing in my  downstairs freezer right now. When I get a bunch of freezer meals done, then I will take them over to her. A nice bagged salad would round out this meal.

Next, I threw a whole bunch of chicken breasts in my crockpot. When they are done, I will shred them and use the meat to make chicken lasagnas tomorrow.

Today, I also made BBQ Applesauce Chicken . Again I made one for her and one for us. This recipe is absolutely delicious served over rice.

I know everything is chicken but she is a picky eater and that is all she eats. So I am catering to their likes and their allergies also.  

I have a few more dishes to make and will do so by the end of the week.

Do you have a special freezer meal that you make? Would you share with me?

10 comments:

  1. You are such a thoughtful neighbor! I know they will really appreciate those freezer meals!
    Thank you for sharing the recipes. I am definitely going to try them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks for your kind words. :-) Enjoy them and there will be more coming.

      Delete
    2. I made the bbq applesauce chicken last night, and we really enjoyed it. Looking forward to trying more recipes. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. Hi Kathy,

      I am glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. I made the bab applesauce chicken for dinner. It was so good and easy. We had it over rice and sauteed zuccinni. Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet of you to make those meals for your neighbors. I know that they will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will. I remember those first months of sleepless nights and being so tired that I didn't ever think I would sleep again. So this should help.

      Delete
  4. You can cook for me and I'll be happy, chicken is my favorite too 😍 About freezer cooking, I don't so much do meals but I try to keep homemade marinara sauce, chili and taco meat in our freezer in meal size portions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhonda,

    Should I set a place at my table for you? Chili,taco meat ans sauce are perfect to have handy.

    ReplyDelete