Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Freezer Cooking Is All Done


I had to run back to Aldi's this morning for more chicken. I didn't have enough. So I bought one more  large package.

Today I made an 8X8 pan of Chicken Parmesan Casserole  for each of us. Hubby loves this recipe and everyone who has ever eaten it here raves about it. So I hope they love it.


Then I made Maple Dijon Chicken . We also love this. She just has to thaw it overnight when she wants to serve it. Then dump it in the crock pot to cook. 

And lastly I made a huge pan of Chicken Lasagna which I forgot to snap a picture of before I put it in the basement freezer. It's my own recipe that I have used for many years. I just basically layer spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles, shredded chicken, Ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles, etc. I do two huge layers of everything and then end with noodles on top covered in sauce and then the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses again. It bakes covered in foil for an hour at 350. 

This was a lot of fun to do these past two days but it is exhausting for me. I am so glad that it is done. I will be giving her a few small 2 portion size foil pans so that if they get sick of eating the same thing over and over, they can divide it up and refreeze it after it is cooked to use another day. I hope they enjoy these meals as much as we do. 

I am off to enjoy a well earned nap!     

No comments:

Post a Comment