Wednesday, September 7, 2016

This Week's Menu

This month I am trying very hard to get my grocery expenses way down. I am not the least bit happy with the amounts that we have been spending. So I continue to menu plan.

Here is this week's menu:

Sunday - NY strip steak(grilled outside), roasted potatoes(baked in the toaster oven), and sliced tomatoes

Monday - Bacon macaroni goulash(macaroni cooked in the microwave;bacon in the electric fry pan), tossed salad

Tuesday -  Cold turkey(from the freezer)and macaroni( cooked extra last night) salad with lots of veggies in it

Wednesday - Baked haddock(toaster oven), leftover macaroni salad

Thursday - French toast (electric fry pan), fruit

Friday - BBQ chicken(grilled outside), tossed salad

Saturday - Leftover chicken, tossed salad

It is hot and muggy again here. That has been the story of our summer which has been very unusual for upstate NY. So we continue to cook outside a few meals a week and choose not to heat up the kitchen with the air conditioning running. Hence our meals have been very simple and will continue to be until this heat wave breaks. Once Fall finally shows up, I will start cooking more fussy casserole type meals. I am hoping that happens soon since I am planning on cooking a lot of freezer meals for my neighbor whose baby is due the first week in October. These neighbors were truly a godsend while Hubby was sick. They sent meals and he mowed the lawn for us many times. It is time to pay it back which I am looking forward to. I also can't wait to meet the new baby.

Tomorrow's topic: Is there a better way?

No comments:

Post a Comment