Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekly Menu and Grocery Shopping

I did a little grocery shopping on the way home from Gamestop yesterday. I took my grandson so that he could get a couple of Wii games and some Pokemon cards to keep him occupied while Hubby, my son and I watched the Buffalo Bills football game. We stopped and purchased 2 roasting chickens at  $ .99 a lb. I love having these in the freezer to pull out and roast on a crisp Fall day. 

My menu for this week:

Sunday - Chicken wings and homemade chicken rice with broccoli, applesauce

Monday - Shrimp Fra Diavolo  served on angel hair pasta, tossed salad

Tuesday - Grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup

Wednesday - Hamburgers and roasted potatoes

Thursday - Breakfast for dinner : Blueberry pancakes and bacon

Friday - Leftovers from the last few days

Saturday - Pork chops with apple and cranberry saute, green beans

I may or may not do more grocery shopping this week. We have a very busy week starting with a motor in our furnace being replaced today. It is the motor that brings fresh air into the furnace. We don't want to take a chance on that totally breaking down(it's on it's last leg) during heating season. It's an expensive but necessary purchase.

It is going to be another beautiful day in the Northeast!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment