Sunday, September 11, 2016

Where Were You On 09/11/2001?


We must never forget the day the terrorists flew two planes into the Twin Towers killing thousands of Americans. I pray every day that nothing like that ever happens in this country again.

I worry for all of us because we live in very dangerous times. I pray that we get a leader in November who will keep us safe. 

We had just moved to Arizona 10 days before 9/11. I will never forget being woken out of a sound sleep by my son who had just gotten to his office in Arizona and heard the news. Hubby and I were every shaken as we turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane fly into the Twin Towers. Being a native New Yorker, it really hit home. Who could do such a terrible thing was what I was thinking. It didn't take long for us to realize that terrorists had done this.  

So on this Fifteenth Anniversary please remember what happened and pray for those who died that awful day.

2 comments:

  1. Such a terrible day!
    We were living in northern VA at the time, and I had just dropped my daughter off at preschool. Schools were on lockdown since the Pentagon was so close. We didn't know if there would be more attacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in VA south of Washington DC. My husband was on his way to work and was forced to turn around just before getting to the Pentagon. It was an anxious day. We will never forget!

    ReplyDelete