Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Day In My Life

I woke up at 5:45 this morning in a fog. Did you ever have one of those nights where you slept but feel like you aren't rested? That is me today. 

After getting a cup of coffee(one a day is all I have), I sat down to write a blog post. I spent an hour trying to do that and realized that I have writer's block this morning. No matter how hard I thought about it, just nothing. Most days the words just roll out of my brain. Today is not one of those days.

Hence, I will write about my day. A lot of people have asked me how can you be so frugal and get so many things done in one day. Well not every day is like that. I have days like this where I feel like I can't even move nor do I want to. If I get one or two frugal things done today I will feel like it is an accomplishment.


So after getting dressed in jeans and a top that are 15 years old and no shoes or socks( I go barefoot in the house all day much to the consternation of my endocrinologist), it was time to make breakfast. After eating my oatmeal and a banana and putting my dishes in the dishwasher, I thought what can I do to be quiet and not wake Hubby up. It seems he is sleeping in.  

Wrapping a few of my grandson's Christmas gifts that came from Amazon yesterday seemed like a good idea. I have to keep things wrapped around here since he is here every weekend. My son and DIL know what I got him because they provided me a list to pick from. I can't wait to play Ticket To Ride with him. It looks like so much fun.

While I was in that room, I decided to dig out the Halloween candy that I have been purchasing on sale and get it in a bowl. It will be ready to give out and I won't have to think about it again. I have plenty left to refill the bowl. We don't usually get too many kids but you never know.

I can tell already that this is going to be a day of odds and ends - no structure.

As I am updating this post as I do things, I am listening to about a hundred geese honking as they fly overhead going south. They are smart enough to get out of here ahead of the cold that is coming next week. One of the weatherman was even talking about the possibility of lake effect snow. It's too early for that;summer is just ending. Our little town is sandwiched in between two of the great lakes which are Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. The water was so warm all summer and really hasn't even started to cool yet, so snow is a possibility. But I hope they are wrong! It's only October.

I think I will do some light dusting now. Hubby still isn't up.

Next, I organized our OTC medicines in our walk in closet. I used to have larger bins when we had a larger stockpile. But I went with these smaller ones as the number decreased. I am now only buying maybe 2 of whatever we need. So today, I checked to make sure nothing had expired. While I was doing that I made a list of a few things that we might need over the winter that we don't have. That way I can keep an eye out for a sale at the drugstores.

Then it was time to make lunch. Remember those Flatout breads that I purchased on Tuesday. Well I made a pizza using one of the Italian ones for lunch.
I just spread a little sauce on it, sprinkled it with Italian seasoning, and covered with mozzarella cheese. It baked about 5 minutes in the toaster oven. Hubby and I split it. It was quick,easy and delicious! 

After the lunch dishes were done, I threw a load of wash in the washing machine. That load is now in the dryer and I have another load in the washer. I am using the dryer today because my arthritic shoulders hurt so much that I can't raise my arms to hang the clothes.

Now I am off to read and maybe take a a nap. 

After my nap, I made a raspberry and banana smoothie.  The raspberries were frozen when they were fresh locally.

Then I decided to finish packing away the summer clothes that I have been working on. Since the cold weather is coming, I need the fall and winter ones in the closet. I am now done with this chore for both of us.  

Then it was time to make dinner. Hubby made Chef salads again from things we had in the fridge. Turkey and provolone cheese went in them along with lots of veggies, chick peas and black olives. We had the dressing of our choice at the table.

Tonight I will get my clothes ready for the morning. I need to be out of here for an early morning doctor appointment so I am going to bed very early tonight. On the way home tomorrow, I am going to run a few errands. 

I hope you all have a great evening. Be back sometime tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good day! I think everyone needs a restful day sometimes.
    The game sounds like fun! My kids are teens now, and I miss the days of board games, so maybe I can start a family game night this winter after marching band season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. That sounds like it would be fun. we play games all of the time. I am looking forward to playing the Ticket to Ride with him.

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds kind of like mine. I am puttering about since my hubby sleeps days (he works the graveyard shift). I'm glad you said something about restocking the OTC meds and stuff. I was looking for some EsterC last night in the medicine cabinet above the toilet and my last package of toothbrushes fell in the toilet. Yep, threw that out and put it on the list. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,

      Oh no! I hope you find some toothbrushes on sale.

      Delete