Saturday, October 1, 2016

Busy, Busy Day

We have our family coming again for breakfast tomorrow. They again will be staying to watch the Buffalo Bills football game. I think Hubby really enjoys watching the game with our youngest son while I play with my grandson.

So that is a huge crock pot of meat chili that Hubby made for the weekend. It is about 5 lbs. of meat which he adds onions to and all of his other ingredients. His Dad was born in Mississippi and then became a Texan for high school. He always told us that you don't put beans in your chili because it ruins it. That is the way he learned to make chili and we have used his recipe for almost 50 years. We love it and our kids love it. So my son and grandson will be thrilled that this will be served on rice during the game.

I also love to always have hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator to make lunch or for a quick snack. Since I had three dozen, I just put a dozen on the stove to cook. Sorry about the pic, it's the flash light. 

Lastly I baked this loaf of banana bread for breakfast tomorrow. We all love banana bread with butter or cream cheese.

I am off to see what else we can create around here today. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! 

4 comments: