Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Aldi's Thanksgiving Shop

Yesterday I ventured out to do most of my Thanksgiving shopping along with some stockpiling at those rock bottom prices. I will be shopping for a few more things at Top's today. Then I should be done for the week.

We are having our grandson visit for the weekend and hosting Thanksgiving next week so it is busy around here. I also roasted that two year old 22 lb. turkey on Sunday. It was delicious. I didn't even stuff it. Hubby and I have had turkey and veggies the past two nights. Today, I will make some turkey soup in the crock pot. Then I will be preparing the rest of the turkey for future frozen meals using the food saver. We love turkey so don't mind having it again next week. We will send leftovers home with them.

Back to my Aldi's shop. It was so crowded there yesterday that it was hard to maneuver. It must have been because of the $ 10.00 off $ 50.00 coupon that was in the  newspaper which I did use myself. However they had every register open so I didn't have to wait in line for long.

This is what I purchased:

1- 19.6 lb. Butterball Turkey - $ .99 a lb.= $ 19.40 
3- Turkey Stuffing - $ .89 ea.
2- Canola Oil - $ 1.85 ea.
1- Frozen Green Beans - $ 1.39
12 - Turkey Gravy - $ .39 ea.
3 Cranberry Sauce - $ .79 ea.
3 lb. of Yams - $ 1.29
2- 3lb. bags of Yellow Onions - $ .79 ea.
2- Sweet Relish - $ 1.29 ea.
2- Crescent Rolls - $ .99 ea.
4 Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding - $ .49 ea.
1 Celery - $ .79
1 Chocolate Syrup - $ 1.49
2 blocks of Sharp Cheddar Cheese - $ 1.49 ea.
1 jar of Maraschino Cherries - $ 1.49
2 Cream Cheese - $ .89 ea.
1 Pure Vanilla Extract - $ 2.99
1 bag of Romaine Hearts - $ 2.29
1 Nacho Tortilla Chips -$ 1.19
1 Potato Chips - $ 1.49
1 Tortilla Chips - $ 1.19

Total after $ 10.00 off coupon was $ 51.28. I love Butterball turkeys. I grew up on them. So when we host Thanksgiving I try to fit into my budget the extra expense for one. But this is the only Butterball that I have purchased this month.

I have already gotten a 15+ lb. Top's turkey that was $ .48 a lb. I am planning on getting a 20 lb. one today for the same price per lb. and possibly one more before the sale is up. At my store, you have to make a $ 25. purchase to get that price. But that isn't a problem since I am stockpiling. I have been getting $50.+ orders so that I can get the $ 10.00 off $50.00 gift card deal. I already have 2- $50.00 Panera Bread cards( for the bagel deal on Tuesdays during 2017) that I got for $ 40.00 each. Today I will get a $50.00 J C. Penney( for an upcoming birthday) one at the same discount.

Yesterday I showed Hubby the Dollar General ad with the gift card deal. He told me to go get 2- $20.00 Burger King gift cards since he likes their sausage, egg, and cheese croissants. So I got the two cards which only cost me $30.00 after the $10.00 discount. Since Burger King is the only place we stop when we are traveling on the thruway, these will be saved for those trips in 2017.

Have you seen any great gift card deals recently? Could you share with us in comments?

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know DG had a gift card deal as I never shop there so I don't look at their ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Slugmama,

      It was in Sunday's newspaper flyer. Buy 2 giftcards and get an instant credit of $10.00 taken off your total. There are only 4 stores that qualify:

      Taco Bell, Burger King, Chili's and Cabelas. People have been finding $10. BK cards and paying $10. for two cards. We don't have those here. We only have the ones where you have $15. to $100. added to the card. I have gotten $70. worth as of today. I am now thinking about getting some Chili's ones if I can find them.

      Delete
  2. Wow, great deals on your Thanksgiving shop! Sounds like you will have a delicious feast. Thanks for the info on the turkey too as I have 2 turkeys in the freezer that I bought last year, so it is good to know they will still taste ok.
    I haven't purchased any gift cards yet, but Kroger usually has digital coupons for $10 off $50, but so far they aren't for stores that I frequent. I may buy $100 worth of gift cards for Texas Roadhouse or Outback for gifts, if they have the $20 bonus g/c this year.
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      If my 2 year old one was fine your year old ones should be good for at least another year.

      Enjoy your gift card deal hunting.

      Delete
  3. No gift card deals here in the U.P. I'm still waiting. Our Family Fare usually has something a week or two before Christmas. And, they usually have a limit. (Drat!) Hope springs eternal, though! I will be going to Target this week for their 10$ off 50$. I didn't go for the last one or two. I traded my coke codes for a 10$ Target GC, so that will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momsav,

      Thanks for sharing. I hope you get a gift card deal soon. Enjoy that $10./50. coupon at Target. Nice trade on the coke and GC. Bartering is wonderful.

      Delete
  4. I never think to buy gift cards when they are discounted like this and I totally missed the Dollar General deal! Thanks for sharing...I've totally enjoyed these posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dollar General deal is still going on. You are welcome.

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to let you know our Aldi has butter on sale for $2.29 a lb. this week if you should have any more room in your freezer. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      Thanks. I will have to check my ad.

      Delete