Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I Am So Excited!

Do you remember this post: Funding Disney ?
Well that was written on October 10, 2016. At that time, I had only saved $ 62.40 towards my spending money for my Disney World trip in January 2018.

Yesterday I counted the money that I had been saving. I had $ 204.00. I was so excited that I had that much. It has been saved just with bottle deposits, rebates(food, wine and liquor), survey cash, Saving Star cash, and change that we put in a jar every day or change that we found on the ground.
I haven't even cashed in my Ibotta or Checkout 51 rebates. Nor have I put credit card rewards in my stash. The only way I can do that is to put the same amount of cash in my stash for Amazon rewards or for the bank rewards that get credited to my credit card bill. I haven't done any of that yet. I didn't even add the amount of money that I saved for buying all those gift cards at Tops. I will be doing that soon. So I feel I have done really well in the last 8 weeks with just the little bit that I have done. 

Since Hubby and all the other jurors were sent home early today by the Judge because the defense had rested, I was able to run some errands this afternoon. I had to go to Target to pick up a gift so while I was there I got $200. in Disney Gift Cards  that I can use on my trip. I used my Red Card 5% discount. The cards never expire so it doesn't hurt me to turn the cash into cards when I have to go there. I was so excited to come home and show them to Hubby and tell him that I earned them myself. 

We always stay inside Disney at one of the resorts. My son and his wife have timeshares there. So I am able to charge everything I spend in the parks to my wristband and the bills go to the resort desk wherever we are staying. I just have to pay the bill when it is close to a $1000. Then I can start a tab all over again. So I will pay it with Disney gift cards that I accumulate over the 15 months. It doesn't take long to reach $1000. when you are eating out all of the time. Add in drinks, souvenirs, shopping at Downtown Disney and I spend a fortune. But I enjoy every minute of this vacation.  

However I will enjoy it even more because I will have earned this spending money. So I will keep doing what I am doing to make sure that I have enough gift cards when we do go.

Just a little side note. The Judge sent the jurors home before lunch. So the lunch I made Hubby came home with him uneaten. He did eat it for lunch though. So I ate the rest of the pizza. He won't need a lunch again because when they go back they will get instructions for deliberations from the Judge. If mealtime comes while they are deliberating, the court has food brought in to them and the court pays for it. So no more endless minutes discussing what he wants for lunch.

8 comments:

  1. That's great! It's amazing how much we can save in small bits & bobs, with effort. Your Disney trip sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawaii Planner,

      Even though it is over a year away, I am very excited.

      Delete
  2. I love that you were able to purchase your Disney Gift Cards! I'm excited for you and your upcoming trip that you have been working towards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your savings really added up! Great job!
    I love Disney! I'm hoping that we can return when Star Wars land opens.
    So funny about the lunch pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi AD, this is Chris. Wow! Amazing that you have already saved that much in just 2 mos. Planning so far out for your trip is paying off already. :)

    ReplyDelete