Thursday, January 5, 2017

Fingers Crossed That......

I wasn't going to post today because I am still not feeling well. But I actually felt like eating something for dinner so I got out of bed. Hubby made me toast with some honey and a cup of tea.

While I was awake, I decided to do this short post about a purchase I made that arrived today. My fingers are crossed that these work as well as I have been told and as advertised on HSN.

We all know how expensive laundry detergent is. I have done a number of things to defray that cost. I use coupons, use less of the detergent than they recommend, and have at times made my own homemade.

But when I saw these on HSN, I jumped for joy. My nephew and his family live in the UK. His wife has been using these for a while and loves them. She says they clean the clothes beautifully. She says she has saved a lot of money with these instead of buying laundry detergent. So HSN introduced them on national TV and I purchased them. We will see if they work as well as I have been told. You can look at them here: EcoEgg.

My package came today with both of the eggs. One for doing whites and one for doing colored clothes. They also came with enough pellets to do 864 loads of clothes, enough to last the average family for four years. Since we are not the average family, I figure mine will last almost double that. If they work as well as my family says they do I will save a lot of money.
This bundle cost me $ 32.35 with tax because they were the Today's Special the day I ordered them. Let's say they will last Hubby and I seven years. That means I will pay about $ 4.62 per year to clean my clothes. Not bad!  I will let you know over the next couple of months how these are working out for me.

I hope you all have a great evening. It's back to bed for me.     

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I've never heard of Eco Egg, but will be researching it. Looking forward to hearing about the results. I just stockpiled detergent. Like you, I use far less than the recommended amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pubbler,

      Thanks. I see you stockpiled detergent and some other items since I read your blog. You got great deals.

      Delete
  2. Please let us know how they work. I would love to find a way to reduce laundry expenses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather and pray you get to feeling better soon. I'm looking forward to reading about how those Eco Egg things work for you.

    Be blessed and get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I will let you know how they work.

      Delete