Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Keeping Me Organized

For the past 23 years I have used a Franklin Planner to keep me organized. But the price for the annual pages has gone up over the years. When I went to purchase it this year, the price had gone up to $30.95 plus I would have to pay for shipping. So I started researching for a new planner that would be cheaper and work well for me. I know I can do all of this online and I do keep an online calendar. However I like the feel of having a planner in my hands, writing in it, and quickly looking at it during the day to make sure all of my tasks are done.

So I ordered the pictured planner from Amazon for $14.99 even though it was on back order. I was so excited when it arrived on Monday. I think I am going to like it very much.

What attracted me to it at first was the weekly layout and the fact that it also had a place for my menu plan everyday. In the left hand corner, it has plenty of room to write down my tasks for the week. I can add to it as I want during the week. If I need more room there is another whole section for writing longer lists of tasks.

When it arrived, I had already made my grocery list but I have started one for next week. There is another section of just grocery lists. As I think of something, I just write it down there. Then on grocery day, I can just tear out the perforated list to take with me. 

This planner also has a yearly section with a 2017 and 2018 calendar and a place to write down events to remember like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. There is a monthly calendar to jot down appointment reminders. There is another section to write down projects and make notes on how you will accomplish them.

There is also an address book. Besides that the first page in the planner gives you a place to write down important telephone numbers that you might use all of the time.

I will let you know how I like this planner after I have used it a few months. If it works out as well as I think it will, I will buy one next year.

I have to apologize for the pictures. It is 3:30am here as I write this and I only have one light on. It's dark in here. We are having horrible winds that are gusting to over 60 miles an hour. The noise is so bad that I can't sleep so I have been up since 1:40am. I heard a loud crash not too long ago so I will have to investigate when it gets light out later today. I think it may be our grill. But I am probably up for the duration the winds are supposed to last till at least 7am.  

I have laundry to do today and prescriptions to pick up at the drug store. Besides those things I will be working again in my kitchen.

I am curious to know if you have a favorite planner that you use. Please feel free to share it in comments.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a scary night! Hope you don't have any damage, and I hope you were able to get some sleep.
    Thanks for the info on the planner. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      The only damage we had was to out new outdoor grill but it is working which is a relief. I never got any sleep but I will sleep well tonight.

      You are welcome.

      Delete
  2. I love your planner! I hope you get rest and glad the grill is ok. I use an Erin Condron planner. I used to use cheaper ones -one for home and one for work but often ended up carrying both on weekdays and it just didn't make sense so I bought that and use for both. I love it and use a discount and a coupon to get it for 40-50% off each year. I like carrying one so much better it. I use it for bills, schedules, shopping lists, school reminders, and of course all work projects/ ideas/ deadlines. Let us know how you like this one. DH and I are toying with shifting some things to a white board in our office which may result in smaller planner needs similar to this in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aj,

      Thanks. I got 10 hours sleep finally last night. I feel great. I looked at Erin Condren's. If I was working full time, I would have considered it with a discount. But the one I got is perfect for me since we are retired. I will let everyone know after I have used it for a while.

      Delete