Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My Grocery Haul and Menu Plan

Yesterday was my grocery shopping day. For those who haven't noticed, I am only shopping one day a week or less. 

My first stop was Aldi's where I purchased:

2 bags of tortilla chips - $ 1.19 ea.
Celery - $ 1.49
Romaine Hearts - $ 2.29
1 Large Eggs - $ 1.29
1 Salsa -$ 1.89

The total was $ 9.34. The bread is part of my Top's haul. All items were a need and were cheaper than Top's.

My next stop was Top's where I purchased:

2 loaves of Italian Bread -B1G1F = $3.49
3 Bananas at $ .39 lb. - $ .52 -Ibotta rebate of $ .25
= $.27
.56 lb. of Deli Chicken Breast = $3.91
1 Smithfield Ham Steak - $ 1.84 - Ibotta rebate $ .75
= $1.09
1 SF Cool Whip - $1.99
2 Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cream Cheese - 2/$5.
2 Snickers - $ 1.19 ea. - $.50/1 Dbled Q's - $.19 ea.
2 Ground Turkey - $3. ea. - $ 1./1Q's - $2. ea.
3 Thomas English Muffins -B1G2F- $4.39
1 Cantaloupe -$1.88
1 House of Tsang Stir Fry Sauce - $3.49- $1./1Q and Checkout 51 Rebate of $ 1.00 = $1.49
1 Butterball Turkey Bacon - $1.50 - $1./1= $.50- $.75 Checkout 51 rebate = Moneymaker of $ .25
2 Well Yes Soup - $ 2.50 ea. - $ 1.50/1Q and a $ .50Q Dbled = $ 2.50 for both - $1. Ibotta = $ .75ea.

Total OOP was $32.92. I received a $1.00 off my next shopping order Q and submitted for $ 3.75 in Ibotta and Checkout 51 Rebates.

Last stop was Consumers Beverage where I purchased 3 - 2 liter Diet Cokes for Hubby at $ 1.25 each. The total was $4.20 after tax and bottle deposits.

My total OOP shopping bill was $46.46.

We were out of romaine and celery and we eat a lot of salads. Tortilla chips and salsa were for the stockpile. I always need eggs and these were the best price this week. Until I bake my own bread, this was the cheapest that Hubby will eat. Yes, he is picky. I am hoping to bake my first loaf of bread next week.

I needed the bananas to make banana bread on Sunday for breakfast. My son and grandson will be here and we haven't seen them since Christmas Day. When we left to go home that afternoon, they left for Disney World. They just returned this past Sunday. Two glorious weeks in Disney that we can't wait to hear all about.   

Hubby wanted the chicken for sandwiches for lunch, the SF Cool Whip to put on his SF jello and puddings and the cream cheese for bagels.  We love these ham steaks so at that price I bought one to put in the freezer. The snickers are treats for my grandson.

I am always looking for a good price on ground turkey which I use in place of ground beef. The English muffins were a stockpile item at this low price. We love cantaloupe so this will make a few breakfasts.

Hubby loves this stir fry sauce. This gives me two bottles in the cupboard. Moneymaker on the bacon so I wouldn't pass that up. I rarely buy canned soup but did to try these because the price was great after rebates. They will be good for lunch or with sandwiches for dinner. 

Lastly, Hubby had to have Diet Coke. He has been out for a few days. The cheapest price I could find was $ 1.25 a bottle. The beverage guy told me that prices went up from $ .99 because of gasoline transport charges. I hate paying for colored water. I am still trying to get Hubby to give it up. He doesn't go through it as fast as he used to. He has been drinking a lot more iced tea. I am still looking for a B1G1F deal to use my free 12 pack coupon. Hopefully there will be one with Superbowl deals.

My Menu Plan this week is:

Monday: Ham and Collard Greens
Tuesday: Ham and Veggie Pot Pie, pears
Wednesday: Homemade Pizza, Salad
Thursday: Baked Chicken and Broccoli
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potatoes, Applesauce and Green Beans
Sunday: Pork Stir Fry with Veggies and Pineapple

Any questions, feel free to ask.     

8 comments:

  1. Yum, I love House of Tsang stir fry sauces. Do you still have a BJs membership? Be sure to check their tortilla chip prices. I pay $3.88 for a 28 oz bag of On the Border tortilla chips at Sams Club. Also, check the regular Jennie-O ground turkey packages, that look like ground beef. I too, use ground turkey and have found these packages to be cheaper than the breakfast turkey roll packages. I get them at Sams too, as their regular price is way less than a Meijer sale price. I only buy the rolls, when I want to make sausage rolls. HTH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pubbler,

      Yes, I do. I will both the ground turkey and tortilla chip prices next time I go there. Thanks for sharing with me on this.

      Delete
  2. Your menu looks delicious! Great deals too.
    Do you have a Kroger or affiliate near you? They have a friday freebie download every week, so I make sure to get my free item. I'll have to check ibotta more often since you have some good savings there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thank you. No, unfortunately, we don't have a Kroger here. When I lived in AZ, I shopped at Fry's which was a Kroger store. The prices and sales were phenomenal. When we moved back to NY, the difference in prices were unbelievably higher.
      I love Ibotta!

      Delete
  3. I love making homemade bread, but it did take me a bit to get it down pat. I love the blog The Frugal Girl as it gives step by step instructions on bread making with pictures! Good luck :) Tebble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me about Frugal Girls instructions.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Great job! We kicked the soda habit a few years ago during my last pregnancy- DH agreed to go without while I was having no caffeine and never went back except the occasional Sprite or ginger ale if we have extreme nausea but that's rare- no more than one 20 oz each a year. Before I got pregnant in 2013, we were exploring those soda stream make your own machines..... I don't know if they still make them, but wasn't sure if it would be cost effective and a healthy choice for you guys....if it lowers the costs but he drinks more which you are trying to curb it would defeat the purpose since you'd pay for it on the medical side...... Just some food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aj,

      Thanks. Soda streams are very expensive.. My sister had one that broke a few months after she got. She never replaced it because she said she was spending more money on soda cartridges than buying the soda on sale.

      Delete