Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Our Menu Plan for the Week

We are mainly eating from our stockpile and trying to keep our meals easy and simple. So here is our menu plan for the week:

Monday:  Red Beans and Rice with Green Beans on the side

Tuesday:  Baked Haddock, Tossed Salad

Wednesday: Roasted Chicken and Vegetables (carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes)

Thursday:  Breakfast for Dinner - omelets and fruit salad 

Friday:  Tacos or Burritos with ground turkey, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, lettuce, diced onion, sliced black olives topped with choice of sour cream, taco sauce or salsa

Saturday:  Cheeseburgers and French Fries

Sunday: Pizzas from Wegman's,Tossed Salad and Birthday Cake 

My grandson's birthday is on Thursday and he will be 7. He is celebrating with his little friends that day. So we will celebrate here on next Sunday. Over two weeks ago, I asked my grandson, "If you could have anything you wanted for your birthday dinner at our house, what would you want?" Without hesitation he said Wegman's pizza. I said, "the frozen one?" He said, "No, the ones they cook there." So my son and I will be going down to get that pizza and bring it home. It is a hike so we may have to heat it a little in the oven when we get home but that is easy.

Any leftovers this week will be eaten for lunch. There will not be many except the red beans and rice because I am trying hard to keep portions of what I cook down for now. 

Do you have anything special on your menu this week?  

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you're having breakfast for dinner this week. Something my husband and I like to do and will do this week is make omelets. He likes certain things in his and I like certain things in mine. We chop and then we stand side by side at the stove and cook our omelets in our own individual non-stick pans. While we're doing this, there are biscuits baking in the oven. It's something we enjoy doing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi olderandwiser,

      I love your name. We do the same with our omelets sometimes. Other times we like the same ones, like ham,onion, and cheese. We will have to try the biscuits.

      Delete