Tuesday, January 24, 2017

You Know What They Say About The Best Laid Plans, etc.

Well things didn't happen the way I thought yesterday. Fortunately my post for yesterday had been written in advance. 

We had a wonderful birthday celebration for my grandson on Sunday. I went to bed early on Sunday night and woke up with an upset stomach. I was up all night with it. By morning I was very sick and exhausted. For the first time in my life I cancelled a dentist appointment last minute and rescheduled for next week. 

Fortunately my broken tooth doesn't hurt. Hubby went for his cleaning though which cost $230.00 with checkup. I went to bed at 8:00AM and slept until 4PM. I woke up starving. So I got up and had a cup of chicken broth. I went back to bed and slept until 7AM this morning. I am feeling so much better today but I am not going to push it. So most of what I will do today will be sitting down.

Hence, here is my menu plan for the week:

Sunday:  Late lunch-dinner was Wegmans pizza, tossed salad and brownie cake with vanilla ice cream.

Monday:  Hubby- Leftover Pizza; Me - Chicken broth

Tuesday: Baked Haddock and green beans. If I can keep food down today, I will eat this. Otherwise it will be chicken broth for me again.

Wednesday: Tacos with Ground Turkey and lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, black olives, sour cream, salsa and taco sauce.

Thursday:  Spaghetti with sauce for Hubby and spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese for grandson and I and tossed salads. 

Friday: Blueberry Pancakes and Breakfast Sausage

Saturday: Cheeseburgers and Homemade French Fries

Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie, peaches

As you may have noticed, my menu this week is kid friendly. My grandson has the day off from school on Friday so he is coming to visit for dinner on Thursday evening and staying with us until late afternoon on Sunday.

Today, I will make a list of things to do with him while he is here. The only thing he has asked to do is go to White Rabbit for yogurt. I told him to bring his Pokeman Monopoly that he got for Christmas. We are all enjoying playing that with him. It brings back memories of my childhood days playing Monopoly which I loved and still do. 

It has gotten really cold here again. We woke up to some snow on the ground. We have a snowstorm arriving later today so we could end up with a lot of snow. I am glad that Hubby and I do not have to go anywhere for a few days. 

After I get my list done, I will help Hubby. He has been going through a huge folder of warranties and other info for all of our large and small appliances. He is weeding out the ones that we no longer own or are expired and scanning the rest into our household inventory on the computer. Then he copies them onto a flash drive which we keep in our fireproof safe. It's a big project since he hasn't done them in a few years. 

I have been compiling most of the info for our 2016 taxes but I haven't gotten all of the statements that I need yet. If I had I could work on those. But I think it will be February until we have everything. 

I also have some receipts to scan into Personal Capital to keep our January expenses accurate so I will try to get those done.

The rest of the day I will take it easy watching You Tube. I will catch up on the recent videos from Road To The Farm, Big Family Homestead, Fundamental Home, Living on a Dime, etc. I am so enjoying these channels watching them on our big screen television in our bedroom. I rarely watch TV anymore so I don't have to watch lengthy commercials which I hate. The  commercials on You Tube, I can skip after 4 seconds. I keep working on Hubby to give up Cable TV. With all of our options including Netflix and Amazon Prime, I see no need for it. But alas Hubby loves his sports and is not about to give them up.

I hope you all have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Take a look at a SmartStream device. It allows you to stream Movies (even those in the theater now!), all current TV programs/ Sports (live). We received one for Christmas, the Pro Model and I believe the cost was $449. Although that is is a large upfront cost, you would then be able to cancel Cable and Netflix, so maybe something to consider. We love it.

    Saryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saryn,

      Thanks for telling me about this. I will have Hubby look into it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! And, I have to thank you for getting me into YouTube series! It's funny because with two teenager daughters, you would think I would have realized that there may be things on there I would like too but I never connected the dots until your post! LOL I am enjoying Living on a Dime and Big Family Homestead very much! Plus, I have been able to find videos on long distance hiking - which is one of my goals after the girls are out on their own.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TrayceeBee,

      Thanks and you are welcome. Don't feel bad for not knowing. My grandson watched his Hot Wheel tracks on You Tube for a couple of years at my house. We would stream it on our great room TV for him. One day recently I saw You Tube when I brought Roku up and thought, I am going to see what I can find out there. It was more curiosity than anything. So I started searching. I was amazed. I am a true convert now. I am glad you found hiking videos that you like.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that you have had the stomach bug. Do hope that you feel better soon, and I hope your hubby doesn't catch it. Take it easy for a few days, and I hope you have a great visit with your grandson this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks. I am not back to par and may decide to go see a Dr. because I am not sure it is a virus.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry that you got so sick. That is miserable! Praying you feel much better by the time you read this. I enjoy watching the same YouTube channels that you do. I stream them through the ROKU or pop the up off my computer. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may want to check out a roku device and slingtv app. You can get a free device when you sign up for slingtv- it is $20/ month for us for ESPN, TNT, TBS, history channel, discovery, USA, food network, HGTV to name a few. It runs via Internet streaming and works great. We also used a digital antenna for local channels abc, nbc, fox, cbs etc just a thought. We also have Netflix and Amazon (for the shipping benefits)

    ReplyDelete