Monday, February 20, 2017

My Menu This Week

Now the p won't capitalize. I have to make it a priority to get a new keyboard this week. It is driving me crazy.

Here is what we will be eating this week and it does  not include yesterday. We had no leftovers to eat for Sunday dinner since they got eaten for lunches. 

Sunday - Meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans

Monday - Homemade pizza, salad

Tuesday - Chicken piccata, broccoli

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Baked haddock, tossed salad

Friday - To Be Determined

Saturday - Spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread

As you can see, our menu is simple and uncomplicated. Hubby loves his Mom's meatloaf recipe so I make it for him once in a while. I have always hated meatloaf but can tolerate her recipe.

I think the pizza will be half and half this week. Hubby's pieces will be pepperoni and mine will have veggies.

I am hoping that Hubby will make his Lemon piccata if I ask. It is so delicious.  

I try to have fish as much as we can since it is so healthy.

Friday is to be determined because my granddaughter and son are arriving for a visit from Eastern New York. We haven't see them in 4 months. I was so excited when my son e-mailed me last Friday and told me they were coming out for a short visit. They will arrive on Friday morning, so I will ask them what they would like for dinner. We are so looking forward to a wonderful weekend with them. My granddaughter believes that she is now as tall as me or taller and she can't wait to see. Me too.

Saturday is because everyone loves spaghetti and meatballs. It is easy for me so that I can spend more time with my family.

So I will be taking this Friday to spend time with my family. There will be no post that day. I will post today through Thursday.

The rest of this week, I will continue organizing and get ready for my family to arrive.  I am so excited but just wish that my DIL could come. But alas, she has a shower to go to on Saturday which makes that impossible. We will miss her. 

Did you menu plan for this week or not. Sorry no question mark.

2 comments:

  1. I sort of menu planned. Over the weekend, we had all our grands here and most of the adult family too. I sure planned out those menus to be prepared ahead and easy. It made the weekend visiting much nicer.
    I hope you have a wonderful visit with your son and granddaughter ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      How nice that you had most of your family over the weekend. That is that is the kind of weekend that I love. planning a menu is a necessity when you have lots of people.

      Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete