Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Under The Sink

This is an area that gets really messy if you allow it to. So I decided yesterday to take everything out and really look at what should be under there and what shouldn't.

Well, it is a good thing that I did because we had a leak. Hubby fixed it. However, I have asked him to remove the old caulk in my sink area and caulk it again. I don't like the way the builder had it done and it is starting to fall apart. So Hubby is working on that tonight or tomorrow morning.

I cleaned everything out from under the sink so that he could fix the leak.  After he did and I had done my organization, I put what I deemed necessary for me to use in the kitchen back under the sink so I could take this picture. But I have since removed it so that I can lay down nice gripping shelf liner after I scrub the area where the leak was really well, the rest of the floor and the walls. Then it will all go back the way you saw it.  

After removing a number of cleaners that needed to go in my cleaning caddy or my stockpile, I ended up with two baskets and my recycling bin.

Here is the basket that I use in the kitchen daily. It is really sturdy with handles to that I can lift it easily to get what I need from it. I keep a spare all purpose cleaner, spare dish liquid and a huge Method foaming soap refill in it to refill my containers that I keep next to the sink. I also keep a Dawn dish liquid to refill my sponge thingie that I clean my dishes and pots and pans with. It also contains spare dishwasher tablets and some Comet to clean my sink. 

This is the dish I keep right next to my sink so that my soaps are handy.  

The other basket holds my spare sponges, Scrub Daddy's, disinfecting wipes, plug for my sink that has the garbage disposal under it, my gas range cleaners and sponge, and my stainless cleaner that I use on my large appliances. Both of these white baskets I already had.

Then pictured above is my recycle bin which is used daily and then taken to the garbage can in the garage when it is full. A few minutes ago I put a wastebasket liner in it that has a fresh linen scent. That keeps it smelling nice and keeps the basket pretty clean.

I also did some grocery shopping yesterday and started organizing my fridge. That will be posted tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!    

6 comments:

  1. It sure feels good to get organized, and find little repair jobs before they become major repair jobs. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cleaning and organizing looks just wonderful! It makes it so much easier to find what you are looking for if things are in good order.
    Cleaning and organizing is an on-going project for me: Every Tuesday, I clean and organize one cabinet or drawer and every Wednesday I do some cleaning and organizing in one closet. The garage is a never ending project. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Florence. You have a nice schedule for organizing. Here both the garage and the basement seem to be a never ending project.

      Delete
  3. Everything you have done so far looks great! Thanks for showing us. You have given me some good ideas. I realized looking at your photos how so often I don't stop and look, really LOOK, at what I have stored and how. This is very motivating! Thanks!-Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla,

      Thanks. You are welcome. I just want things to be easy and efficient.

      Delete