Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Crazy Weekend

Five minutes after I got home from jury duty on Friday night, my grandson came to spend the weekend with us. This was promised to him long before I was put on jury duty. 

I was exhausted but we had fun Friday night playing Pokemon Monopoly which we continued on Saturday when we had time.

I took him bowling and to the yogurt place on Saturday. He also went clothes shopping with me which he was not too thrilled about. However, he behaved beautifully while we did.

Since we have been retired I have rarely purchased clothes. With going to jury duty, I don't have many clothes to wear that are what I consider decent for court. Most of my clothing is pretty worn. So I found two tops on sale at 55% off that I could wear this week. I still need to try them on to make sure they fit.

Last night, I made a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread which my grandson loved. We played monopoly again until his bedtime.

We were up at 7am and finished the game. I made a breakfast of eggs, juice, and sausage. We played until my son arrived at 12 noon. My son and grandson left just a few minutes ago. It is 3:21PM and I have a lot to do. I need to do all of the laundry. I am making a meatloaf for dinner along with baked potatoes and then after dinner, I have to take meat that is thawing(pictured above) and figure out what I have to do ahead of time to make meals this week.

I have a full week of jury duty. No time off so I need to plan 5 meals. The meatloaf will last tonight and tomorrow night.

Tuesday night I will make fajitas with the chicken strips and some sauce and flour tortillas that need to be thawed. So I have to cut up onion slices for those and have them ready for the week. We will have a side of corn.

Wednesday I will make dirty rice with ground turkey meat that is already cooked and in the freezer. Broccoli will accompany that.

Thursday Hubby will make chicken piccata using the 4 chicken breasts and we will have that two nights in a row. He will make some rice and green beans to go with it.

That gets me through the week. I checked this morning and I have enough food that I can quickly make for my lunches. The beginning of last week everyone was walking to go out to lunch to eat. Then they started complaining about the money. I told them it is a lot cheaper to pack a lunch and a lot healthier too. So most people are now bringing their lunch. We all eat together in the jury room. And on the nice days we are now going out for short walks after we eat if we have enough time.  

It was bad enough that we got take out for dinner two nights last week. I don't want to eat up all of my jury pay doing that. That's why I planned all the meals this week. 

I am very tired today and plan on hitting the sack the minute the dinner dishes are done if the laundry is done. 

I hope you all have a great week and I will try to pop in if and when I have the stamina to do so. This has all been very tiring for me.    

6 comments:

  1. It does sound tiring. Do hope you are able to get some rest. Sounds like you are doing a great job saving money even when you are on jury duty. Don't worry about posting though, just take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks! I've been bringing my own homemade creamer too. They have that powdered stuff. YUCK!

      Delete
  2. HI AD, this is Chris. Hang in there. Try to rest as much as you can. Thank you for serving on the jury, I know you wil be fair. We will be here when you get back. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely have to go shopping for jury duty too. I would love to be better prepared.

    ReplyDelete