Thursday, March 9, 2017

What We Have Been Doing The Past Couple of Days

As I told you this morning, the winds kept us on our toes yesterday. Late this morning, I went out to the library to pick up my reserved books. The city is a mess with trees and branches down everywhere.

When I came back, I drove through our neighborhood and about 60% of the homes have roof, trim or siding damage. I also drove through my son's old neighborhood which is just up the road. His old house has roof damage. So many of the homes in that neighborhood have much more damage than we do. Some of them have almost all the shingles blown off their roofs or garage roofs. As I said we were very lucky.

Hubby has been working on the bills that we got for spring cleanup, mulch, and for maintenance of our gardens, trees, and bushes for the summer. He submitted a counter offer to the company. They are coming next week to go over everything with us and so that they and we can agree on a number. We will see how that works out.

Hubby and I also spent a lot of time yesterday getting estimates for homeowners insurance since our yearly policy is due in two weeks. It took us many hours to call each company because we have more than your normal liability that we carry and there is nowhere in online forms to put it.  Much to our surprise, the company that we are with was within $5.00 of the lowest quote so we are staying with them. They are a highly rated company and are great to deal with. 

I have been doing laundry and hanging it to dry. We have been nibbling at those Hormel Gatherings meats, cheese, nuts and dried fruits for our lunches. 

A couple of nights ago I made pork fried rice for dinner. It was so good.

The other night, Hubby was craving chocolate so I baked brownies. This is all that are left. 

And this morning I was craving blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I still had some blueberries in the freezer that I froze last August. So I quickly thawed them and made pancakes for this morning and tomorrow morning.  

Other than those things we have been playing a few games of Scrabble. I have also been watching videos on You Tube while Hubby has been happily watching basketball.

Tonight for dinner I made Peachy Pork Chops. The recipe is Here . Hubby loved them. I served them with mashed potatoes and green beans.

I hope you all have a great evening.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment