Saturday, April 15, 2017

Happy Saturday!

I hope you are all having a great Easter weekend. it will be quiet around here until my grandson comes to stay overnight on Sunday evening. We are babysitting for one day of his spring break. It wasn't planned but things happen and we always enjoy his company. It looks like it will be a nice day to get outside in the fresh air.

My leg of lamb is thawing for our Easter dinner tomorrow. Even though there is only the 2 of us plus my grandson when we will eat it, I decided to cook the big piece because we love lamb and will enjoy the leftovers for a few days. 

If anyone is interested in how I cook it, here are the ingredients:

1 leg of lamb
canola oil

2tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp. oil
1 minced garlic clove
1 cup of beef consomme
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce

Brush your lamb with oil. Sprinkle with salt, oregano and pepper. Brown in 2 Tbsp. of oil. Transfer it to a roasting dish. Then I mix the garlic, consomme and tomato sauce and pour it over the leg of lamb. I make a double recipe of the sauce because we like to spoon this gravy that it makes over our lamb slices and on rice. Roast in the oven at 350 for about 2 and 1/2 hours. When I take the lamb out of the pan, I then thicken the sauce for gravy.

This is easy and delicious and my family has had it for Easter almost every year of our married years. I serve it with rice, broccoli, and corn. We will also have the dinner rolls that I purchased this week. Hubby is standing here salivating as I write this. I am not making dessert because we don't need to eat it. This meal is heavy enough for us. I do have cookies and ice cream for our grandson.  

Talking about food, I had dessert before dinner last night. I just couldn't wait for the strawberry shortcake that you see pictured. I was craving it all afternoon. Sometimes you just have to do these things.

Also I wanted to share with you the friend who took up residence under our shed while I was on jury duty. We captured pictures of him one weekend day while he was out basking in the sunshine. He came to let us know that spring was finally here. He has finally moved out and gone onto his next destination. We are so blessed to live where we have lots of wildlife.

I want to wish you and your families a Blessed Easter. I hope the Easter Bunny is good to your little ones. If you are traveling, stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter, AD and hubby from Chris, hubby and kitty.

    ReplyDelete