Sunday, April 2, 2017

Happy Sunday

The sun is going to be shining today so I am happy. Perhaps my grandson and I can go out for a walk and he can catch pokemon on his IPhone. There seems to be a lot of pokemon in our neighborhood.

Yesterday, I made a big pot of gumbo in my crockpot. I made it with chicken, chicken sausage, okra, corn, chicken broth, fire roasted diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, New Orleans cajun seasoning and the last couple of minutes that it cooked I added cooked shrimp. I made a big pot of rice. I think we will eat it again tonight. Today I think I will add some cooked ham to it to make sure that there is enough meat left for after jury duty tomorrow night.

We added 1/2 cup of rice to each of our bowls and then topped it with the gumbo. It was so yummy! The best part is it is healthy! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I will let you know when and if we finish jury duty.

8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! It's sunny here as well. I'll be taking my 11 y.o to a soccer game, & then picking up my mom at the airport. Really looking forward to her visit.

    Enjoy your time with your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawaii Planner,

      Thanks. I hope you had a great time.

      Delete
  2. Hi AD this is Chris. The gumbo looks yummy. We are eating leftovers this weekend. I hate to waste food. Paid and mailed most of our bills on Friday and was able to put a good amount in savings. I had enough left from my grocery money this week that we took our daughter, son in law and granddaughter to the fish fry at our church on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      Thanks. I hate to waste food also. So glad you were able to save. I love fish fries.

      Delete
  3. Do you have any idea where the blog "ThriftyatSixty disappeared to? I can't seem to locate it today. Thought that you might have an idea. Thanks Penny S

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart truly goes out to for being on such a long trial.
    Your gumbo looks good and I'm so glad your hubby is helping with what you usually would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Thanks so much. He has been terrific.

      Delete